Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa is the flagship resort at Walt Disney World. It is a Victorian themed, deluxe hotel within the Magic Kingdom resort area and is one of three WDW hotels on the monorail loop. The resort is beautiful and elegant.
There are so many services available at this resort! Deluxe resorts tend to have a couple of restaurants, but the Grand Floridian has seven including multiple character meal/tea opportunities. All the resorts have gift shops, but this one has five. In addition, there are multiple pools and water play areas, spa, salon, workout facilities, tennis courts, marina and a white sand beach with cabanas and hammocks. You can have a wonderful resort vacation without setting foot off the grounds.
The Grand Floridian is a perfect location for honeymoons, special events, and anyone who enjoys a gorgeous setting. This is where Disney has its wedding chapel so you know that it is a special location.
Grand Floridian Resort and Spa Pro & Con
Advantages - Very comfortable, elegant setting with a pretty beachside pool with a waterfall. You can watch the Electric Water Pageant and Wishes Fireworks from the resort beach. The monorail makes it easy to get to the Magic Kingdom. Proximity to the Polynesian & Contemporary Resorts greatly expands your dining options. Big Bertha is a nearly 100 year old band organ housed at 1900 Park Fare - it plays periodically.
Disadvantages - This resort is expensive, especially the theme park view rooms. At times, the lobby will have a lot of non-resort guest who come for the restaurants or just to check out the resort.
Grand Floridian Resort Amenities
- Outdoor movies played each night near the courtyard pool
- The Beach Pool has a Water-slide & Waterfall.
- The Courtyard Pool is the "quiet pool"
- Pop Jets add extra water fun for kids
- Alice in Wonderland themed water play area
- Boat rentals available at the onsite marina
- Surrey Bike Rentals Available
- Rooms with 2 queen beds and a Day Bed can accommodate up to 5 guests.
- Rooms come with mini-refrigerator
- On-site Restaurants
- On-Site shopping
- Free transportation to the Disney Parks
- Free Parking for registered resort guests.
- Artificial Beach area
- Nightly Electric Water Pageant (floating parade)
- View of the Magic Kingdom fireworks
- Special resort activities
- Coin Laundry available
- All rooms are non-smoking
- Cribs & highchairs available
- King Bed rooms available
- Some rooms have an in-room Jacuzzi.
- On-site Spa & Ivy Trellis Salon
- Business Center
Grand Floridian Resort Dining
- 1900 Park Fare Supercalifragilistic Character Breakfast - Enjoy breakfast with Mary Poppins, Alice and Mad Hatter. Reservations highly recommended.
- 1900 Park Fare "Cinderella's Happily Ever After" Character Dinner - Buffet featuring Cinderella, Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine, Anastasia & Drizella (Step-mother & step-sisters). Reservations highly recommended.
- Citricos - Upscale dining. Dinner only.
- Gasparilla Grill and Games - a cafeteria style, quick service restaurant.
- Grand Floridian Cafe - quiet sit-down restaurant with good food serves breakfast, lunch, & Dinner.
- My Disney Girl's Perfectly Princess Tea - This is a really special and really expensive event for young girls and one/both parents.
- Narcoossee's - Another pretty restaurant that only serves dinner. This restaurant is right on the Seven Seas lagoon and primarily features seafood although steak and chicken is available if you don't like fish.
- Victoria & Albert's - The is a very special restaurant for very special occasions. The menu changes daily.
- Garden View Lounge - Afternoon Tea. A wonderful tradition in a lovely setting.
Grand Floridian Resort Shopping
- Summer Lace - Women's Fashions and Grand Floridian logo items.
- Sandy Cove Gift & Sundry Shop
- Commander Porter's - men's designer clothing, cold beverages & snacks.
- M. Mouse Mercantile - Souvenirs
- Basin White - bath & beauty products
- Groceries: You can save time and money by having more extensive grocery needs, snacks, and bottled water delivered directly to the resort by Garden Grocer - Click HERE for more information. Regular hotels rooms do have mini-refrigerators but do not have full kitchens. Studio-style units have mini-refrigerators and microwaves. One-bedroom or larger villas come equipped with a full kitchen.
Grand Floridian Resort Room View Options
This resort has a myriad of room choices but here several of the accommodation options.
- Garden View - the most economical choice.
- Lagoon View - offers a view of the Seven Seas Lagoon.
- Theme Park View - rooms have a view of the Magic Kingdom & castle.
- Lodge Tower
- Outer Lodge, Standard Room / Club level
- Standard Room / Club Level
- Deluxe Room
- Deluxe King Room / Club Level
- Victorian Suite / Club Level
- 1 Bedroom Suite / Club Level
- 2 Bedroom Suite / Club level
- Disney Suite / Club level
- Grand Suite / Club Level (approx. $2500 per night)
Guests may use Disney's Magical Express - a shuttle bus service included in your reservation - between the Orlando International Airport and Disney's Grand Floridian Resort. The monorail travels to the other Monorail loop hotels (Disney's Contemporary Resort and Disney's Polynesian Resort), to the Magic Kingdom theme park, and to the Ticket and Transportation Center where you can catch another monorail over to Epcot. Guests also have a water launch/boat option for travel to the Magic Kingdom. Disney buses are available to take Grand Floridian resort guests to Disney's Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom theme parks, Typhoon Lagoon & Blizzard Beach Water Parks, and Downtown Disney.
Our Opinion of Grand Floridian Resort
Please keep in mind that this is the opinion section of our resort information. There is absolutely no denying that the Grand Floridian is a beautiful resort and it often is completely booked, despite the high price tag. My only concern is that it might be just little too pretty for some men and boys though it would fit perfectly in New Orleans or Charleston, SC. It is a great location for couples looking for the fun of the parks along with a romantic setting.
People must want this but we think it is weird (Goofy?) that you can have Disney Characters at your wedding in the Grand Floridian Fairy Tale Wedding Pavilion. I suppose it isn't any stranger than having an Elvis impersonator officiating at your Las Vegas wedding.
Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
Let us help you make a reservation and great memories at Disney's Fantastic Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
Build A Better Mouse Trip always books directly with Walt Disney World and you will never pay any more than if you booked yourself. Our clients are very important to us and we offer some special services designed to make your trip the best that it can be:
- We help you with a "Best Days" itinerary designed to put you in the least crowded park and/or in the park with the best entertainment each day of your trip.
- We make dining reservations on your behalf - subject to availability.
- We provide Disney Theme Park touring plans that are designed to let you do all the things you want to do in a way that keeps you ahead of the crowds and out of the long lines.
- We're available to answer your questions about Disney resorts, restaurants, rides, shows, and attractions.
These services are our thank you to you when you book your Walt Disney World vacation through Build A Better Mouse Trip - you don't pay any extra for all this extra planning help.
Grand Floridian Resort Address & Phone Number
4401 Floridian Way
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830