Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort is a moderate Walt Disney World hotel between Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios theme parks and Disney's Blizzard Beach water park. The resort is just beautiful, taking its architectural cues from the Spanish influences in the American Southwest and northern Mexico. It is a "stand-alone" resort, meaning that it isn't clustered adjacent to any other Disney hotels. Disney's Coronado Springs Resort is a convention center hotel which provides some extra amenities to this resort like an on-site fitness center and expanded lounge and food court areas. While still being colorful and well themed, this particular hotel has a little more adult feel to it, though it is still very kid-friendly. Rix Lounge has a small dance floor and features a live DJ certain nights of the week. The "Dig Site" pool and recreation area has a five-story Mayan pyramid and play area themed like an archaeological dig.
Coronado Springs Resort Pro & Con
Advantages - Very comfortable, lush setting with a neat pool and beautiful landscaping. Queen beds are a step up from the double-beds found at the value resorts. The food court has more variety than any other Disney hotel food court. Adult and kid friendly amenities.
Disadvantages - The food court can be very busy at peak times when there is a convention on-site. The resort is beautiful with a lovely 15-acre lake in the center but it is also quite large which can mean extra walking - not always something you want when you're carrying a tired little one.
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Amenities
- Outdoor movies are available each evening
- The Lost City of Cibola Pool with a Jaguar Water slide
- Three smaller quiet pools.
- Children's wading pool with central spouting fountain
- La Marina Boat rentals
- Regular & Surrey Bike Rentals Available
- La Vida Health Club
- Casa de Belleza Hairstyling salon - see: http://www.relaxedyet.com/ coronado_springs_salon.asp
- On-site Restaurants
- On-Site shopping
- Iguana Arcade
- Explorer's Playground
- Artificial Beach area
- Special resort activities
- Coin Laundry available
- ATM machine
- Lago Dorado (15 Acre Lake)
- Free transportation to the Disney Parks
- Free Parking for registered resort guests.
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Dining
- Siesta Pool Bar - Specialty drinks, beer, sodas, etc.
- Pepper Market - buffet style, quick service restaurant.
- Maya Grill - sit-down restaurant with a wood-fired grill. Serves breakfast & Dinner.
- Las Ventanas: A small table service restaurant next to Rix Lounge that serves breakfast and lunch.
- Rix Lounge - 300-seat lounge with specialty drinks and appetizers. Small dance floor and live DJ certain nights of the week.
- Laguna Bar
- In-Room Dining - Light "room service" with continental breakfast, sandwiches, pizza and snacks.
Disney's Coronado Spring Resort Shopping
- Panchito's Gifts & Sundries
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Transportation
Guests may use Disney's Magical Express - a shuttle bus service included in your reservation - between the Orlando International Airport and Disney's Coronado Springs Resort.
Disney buses are available to take Coronado Springs resort guests to the Disney theme parks, Typhoon Lagoon & Blizzard Beach Water Parks, and Disney Springs (formerly called Downtown Disney).
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Room View Options
- 1,917 rooms and suites situated in three "villages"
- Most rooms are 314 square feet.
- Most rooms have 2 queen beds
- Standard View - the most economical choice.
- Water View
- Preferred Location (closer to resort services)
- 224 King Bed rooms
- 99 handicap accessible rooms
- Junior Suite
- Junior Suite - King bed
- 1-Bedroom Suite, King bed
- Casitas - 1 bedroom suite (up to 6 people)
- Casitias Executive Suite (up to 6 people)
- Rooms were refurbished in 2009
- Important note: the suites at this resort are usually excluded from discounts and promotional offers.
Our Opinion of Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort is a great choice for guests who prefer a hotel that is a little more subtle in its Disney theming. This is a comfortable choice for adults, and is a favorite of our own teen and young adult children. The pool area is very nice and the resort offers some nice services. The resort is very large and it may be worthwhile to upgrade to the preferred location rooms, especially if you have young children or someone with mobility issues. For a long time, this was the only Disney World moderate resort with queen beds but now all of the moderate resorts offer queen beds.
Let us help you make a reservation and great memories at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Build A Better Mouse Trip always books directly with Walt Disney World and you will never pay any more than if you booked yourself. Our clients are very important to us and we offer some special services designed to make your trip the best that it can be:
- We help you with a "Best Days" itinerary designed to put you in the least crowded park and/or in the park with the best entertainment each day of your trip.
- We make dining reservations on your behalf - subject to availability.
- We provide Disney Theme Park touring plans that are designed to let you do all the things you want to do in a way that keeps you ahead of the crowds and out of the long lines.
- We're available to answer your questions about Disney resorts, restaurants, rides, shows, and attractions.
These services are our thank you to you when you book your Walt Disney World vacation through Build A Better Mouse Trip - you don't pay any extra for all this extra planning help.
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Address & Phone Number
1000 West Buena Vista Dr
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000