Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort is a Disney Vacation Club (DVC) complex within the Disney Springs resort area (formerly Downtown Disney) at Disney World that also books units to regular Disney visitors on a space available basis. This resort does not have any standard hotel rooms but, instead, features studio units with kitchenettes and condo-style one-, two-, and three-bedroom villas that contain full kitchens. The resort's Treehouse Villas offer relaxing accommodations for up to nine guests in a lovely, natural setting. The resort takes its name and theme from Saratoga Springs, New York circa 1880, an era when the town was a major tourist destination with mineral spas and horse racing and which, at one point, had the largest hotel in America. Somehow, Disney managed to create a sophisticated and modern resort in Florida that has a quaint, upstate New York Victorian feel.
Saratoga Springs Resort Pro & Con
Advantages - This is probably Disney World's best option for people who are looking for a true "resort" experience, as opposed to just a "Disney Vacation". The units are spacious and comfortable, and the resort has numerous beautiful pools, on-site recreation, easy access to wonderful golf courses, and immediate access to lots of shopping, dining and entertainment options. It is a great choice for multi-generational trips or for guests who really want to relax in a comfortable and luxurious setting. This may be an ideal choice for the person who wants a vacation, rather than a strictly Disney-immersive experience. If your family really loves hanging out at the pool, this resort has several fun and beautiful pool areas to choose from. When Disney offers "Room Rate Discounts", this hotel often receives some of the deepest price cuts, making it one of the better Deluxe resort values.
Disadvantages - This is a deluxe resort which means a deluxe price tag that puts it out of the budget of many families. If you're all about maximizing your time in the Disney World theme parks and are depending on Disney transportation, you will probably get frustrated with the transportation at this resort because it is so large and has internal buses that take you to where you wait to catch the theme park buses, greatly increasing your transportation time. This frustration may be eliminated by having you own vehicle. The studio units have a queen bed and a sleeper sofa, which may not appeal to whoever has to sleep on the sleeper sofa; these families may prefer a Disney hotel that has a standard hotel room configuration with two regular beds. This is a really large resort so you definitely want to request a building near the main services area or have your own vehicle available.
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort Amenities
- Campfire Sing-Along & Outdoor movie each evening near the High Rock Spring Pool
- 5 Pools (High Rock Spring Pool, The Grandstand Pool, The Paddock & Congress Park Pools)
- 3 whirlpool spas
- Great wet play / splash zone area
- 3 Playgrounds (one wet / 2 dry)
- Bike Rentals
- Win, Place 0r Show Arcade
- Tennis courts
- Basketball court
- Board games
- Crafts and activities
- Health club
- Senses Spa - full service spa
- Barbeque pavilion
- On-site Restaurants
- Jogging Trail
- Free transportation to the Disney Parks
- Free Parking for registered resort guests.
- Walkway to Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney - 10 minute walk)
- Special resort activities
- Coin Laundry available
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort Dining
- Artist Palate - quick-service meals, snacks, and prepackaged grab-&-go food items. Some grocery items also available
- Turf Club Bar & Grill - table-service restaurant, dinner only.
- Paddock Grill, near the Paddock Pool has quick-service breakfast & lunch offerings (seasonally)
- On-the-Rocks Pool Bar
- Backstretch Pool Bar
- Sassagoula Pizza Express - pizza delivery service.
- Walkway or Boat transportation directly to Disney Springs provides a huge variety of dining options.
- Gift Shop at the Artist's Palate
- For more extensive grocery needs, you can save time and money by having snacks, bottled water and other food items delivered directly to the resort by Garden Grocer - Click HERE for more information.
- Boat transportation to Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney) provides lots of shopping and entertainment options
- Boat transportation to Old Key West, Port Orleans French Quarter and Port Orleans Riverside open up these resorts shops, restaurants and entertainment as well.
Saratoga Springs' 5 Swimming Pools
- High Rock Spring pool - a zero-depth entry pool with water falls and a 128-foot water slide. This pool area also has two whirlpool spas and a cute Donald Duck splash pad with miniature water slide for younger kids.
The Paddock Pool - a zero-depth entry pool a 146-foot water slide and a horseshoe-shaped whirlpool spa. Kids will love the great water play area here with its two kid-sized water slides.
- Treehouse Villas, Congress Park, and The Grandstand leisure pools each have a whirlpool spa. Congress Park and The Grandstand pools also have children's playgrounds. The Grandstand Pool includes water cannons for more wet fun.
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort Transportation
Guests may use Disney's Magical Express - a shuttle bus service included in your reservation - between the Orlando International Airport and the resort. The resort is quite large and has its own internal bus system to take you to the main services areas, pools, boat dock, and bus stops. Disney buses are available to take guests to the Disney World theme parks, Typhoon Lagoon & Blizzard Beach Water Parks, and Disney Springs. The resort also has a boat dock with a boat that goes directly to Disney Springs. This boat doesn't run when lightning is in the area but buses are available when that happens.
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort Room Options
- 1260 Villas
- 60 Treehouse Villas
- Disabled accessible villas available
- Deluxe Studios have 1 queen bed & 1 double sleeper sofa. (sleeps 4 + 1 baby)
- 1 bedroom / 1 bathroom Villas have 1 King bed and 1 queen-size sleeper sofa (sleeps 4 + 1 baby)
- 2 bedroom / 2 bathroom Villas have 1 king bed, 2 queen beds, 1 queen-size sleeper sofa (sleeps 8 + 1 baby)
- 3 bedroom / 4 bathroom villas have 1 king bed, 4 queen beds, 1 queen-size sleeper sofa (sleeps 12 + 1 baby)
- Treehouse Villas have 2 queen beds, 1 queen sleeper sofa, bunk beds & 1 single sleeping chair. (sleeps 9 + 1 baby)
Saratoga Springs Resort Trivia
- The resort's motto: Health, History, Horses
- Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort is the largest DVC property.
- Opening Day: May 17, 2004.
- The space now occupied by the Saratoga Springs was originally the home of the Disney Institute, a professional development center.
Our Opinion of Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort isn't especially "Disney" in its look and it isn't immediately adjacent to one of the theme parks so it isn't one of the more popular hotels but we think that is unfortunate because it is a really well done resort with a lot to offer as a vacation destination. In many ways, we consider this the ideal choice for "non-Disney" people because you can enjoy the theme parks without feeling that the parks are the sole or central focus of your vacation. This is a great option for families traveling with grandparents or small children who aren't up to several long, hard days of theme park fun or for hard working people who want downtime on their vacation. The treehouse villas are a neat option for people who want some privacy in a natural setting but you definitely want your own vehicle available. We don't consider this a great choice for people who do plan to spend the majority of their time in the theme parks though - you'd be better off a hotel that is closer to the parks and doesn't have an internal bus system to add to your transportation time.
Let us help you make a reservation and great memories at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa
Build A Better Mouse Trip always books directly with Walt Disney World and you will never pay any more than if you booked yourself. Our clients are very important to us and we offer some special services designed to make your trip the best that it can be:
- You'll work with the same agent all the way through your vacation planning process - someone who gets to know you, your celebrations, your wants and needs.
- We help you with a "Best Days" itinerary designed to put you in the least crowded park and/or in the park with the best entertainment each day of your trip.
- We make dining reservations on your behalf - subject to availability.
- We provide Disney Theme Park touring plans that are designed to let you do all the things you want to do in a way that keeps you ahead of the crowds and out of the long lines.
- We're available to answer your questions about Disney resorts, restaurants, rides, shows, and attractions.
These services are our thank you to you when you book your Walt Disney World vacation through Build A Better Mouse Trip - you don't pay any extra for all this extra planning help.
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort Address & Phone Number
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830