Disney's Port Orleans - French Quarter Resort Information and Pictures
Please like us on Facebook and share us with your friends. We want to help as many people as possible have a great Disney World vacation! Be sure to sign up for our free newsletter at the bottom of the page.
Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter (POFQ) is a moderate hotel in the Disney Springs resort area (formerly Downtown Disney) of Disney World. The resort is right next to the Disney's Port Orleans Riverside Resort and, in ways, it can be hard to think of them as separate units. Both resorts are inspired by New Orleans and the surrounding area, making these resorts an obvious choice for fans of the Disney movie "The Princess & the Frog". Port Orleans French Quarter has one attribute not found at the other Disney resorts - its small size and compact design make this hotel a logical and convenient choice for women travelers, families with toddlers, and anyone who appreciates the convenience of a smaller resort. Don't let the small size give you the impression that this is a sleepy resort - just like the real French Quarter in New Orleans - there is an energy here, due in part to the live music and easy access to Disney Springs. This resort was recently renovated and now features queen size beds in the rooms. We advise making your reservation as early as possible because the smaller size and renovated rooms mean that this is often the first Disney World moderate resort to fill.
Port Orleans French Quarter Pro & Con
Advantages - The resort's compact design is a definite plus after a long day in the Walt Disney World theme parks - you've done enough walking and don't need a long hike to your room. Boats provide quick access to Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney). Live Music at Scat Cat's lounge several nights a week (also a feature of Port Orleans Riverside resort). Port Orleans French Quarter is the first stop on the shared buses with neighboring Port Orleans Riverside resort. Fountains, architecture, and landscaping make this a very pretty resort. Moderate resorts have refrigerators in the rooms. The pool has a water slide. Port Orleans French Quarter was recently renovated and now has queen size beds.
Disadvantages - This is the only moderate resort that does not have an on-site table service restaurant, although restaurants are available at Disney Springs and Port Orleans Riverside Resort. There is no quiet pool; the resort only has the main feature pool.
Port Orleans French Quarter Amenities
- Outdoor movies available each night in-between buildings 5 & 6
- 314 Square Foot Rooms with queen beds
- King Bed rooms available at an extra cost
- Connecting rooms available
- Rooms come with a mini-refrigerator
- Small safe in the room
- Flat panel TV with basic Orlando cable stations
- Bell services and luggage holding area
- Guest Services / Concierge desk in the lobby
- Live music Wednesday - Saturday evening
- Boat Transportation to Disney Springs
- Free bus transportation to the Disney theme parks
- Free Parking for registered resort guests
- Doubloon Lagoon feature pool with Scales the Sea Serpent water slide.
- Guests at Port Orleans French Quarter are also welcome to use the swimming pools at Port Orleans Riverside resort.
- Children's wading pool
- One Jacuzzi type spa near the pool
- Mile-long walking path along the Sassagoula River
- Coin Laundry Available
- ATM in the main lobby
- All rooms are non-smoking
- High Speed Internet Access
- Rooms renovated in Spring/Summer 2011
- Horse drawn carriage rides,
- Cane Pole fishing, and a marina available at nearby Disney's Port Orleans Riverside Resort (extra cost).
Port Orleans French Quarter Room View Options
- Standard View Rooms
- Garden View Rooms
- Water View Rooms
- Rooms with one King-size Bed
Port Orleans French Quarter Resort Dining
- Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory Food Court
- Scat Cat's Lounge
- Boat access to Downtown Disney provides lots of great dining options.
Port Orleans French Quarter Resort Shopping
- Jackson Square Gifts & Desires
- Boat Transportation to Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney) provides lots of shopping options.
Port Orleans French Quarter Transportation
- Guests may use Disney's Magical Express - a shuttle bus service included in your reservation - between the Orlando International Airport and Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter Resort.
- Boat transportation available to Disney Springs from Disney's Port Orleans Resorts.
- Bus transportation available to the Disney theme parks & water parks.
Our Opinion of Port Orleans French Quarter:
We love Disney's Port Orleans Resort! The smaller size is a definite advantage after a long day walking in the Disney theme parks - especially if you're carrying a small child. The resort is lovely in a way that appeals to children, adults, and seniors. Live music is available in the Scat Cat Lounge several nights each week. The renovated rooms are fresh and very comfortable. Because the rooms at Port Orleans French Quarter do not have balconies, we don't consider it generally worth the cost to upgrade to a water view room.
Note: Prior to 2001, Port Orleans French Quarter was known simply as "Port Orleans". In 2001, the former Dixie Landings and Port Orleans were combined into one larger resort with the names Port Orleans - Riverside and Port Orleans - French Quarter, sharing restaurants, pools, activities and staff.
Port Orleans French Quarter Reservations
Build A Better Mouse Trip always books directly with Walt Disney World and you will never pay any more than if you booked yourself. Our clients are very important to us and we offer some special services designed to make your trip the best that it can be:
- We help you with a "Best Days" itinerary designed to put you in the least crowded park and/or in the park with the best entertainment each day of your trip.
- We make dining reservations on your behalf - subject to availability.
- We provide Disney Theme Park touring plans that are designed to let you do all the things you want to do in a way that keeps you ahead of the crowds and out of the long lines.
- We're available to answer your questions about Disney resorts, restaurants, rides, shows, and attractions.
These services are our thank you to you when you book your Walt Disney World vacation through Build A Better Mouse Trip - you don't pay any extra for all this extra planning help.
Port Orleans French Quarter Address & Phone Number
2201 Orleans Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830