Disney's Beach Club Resort & Villas
Disney's Beach Club is a deluxe resort in the Epcot resort area at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida. This resort has both standard rooms and Disney Vacation Club (DVC) villas. This resort's theme takes you back to the classic Eastern Seaboard resorts of the 1920's & 1930's and is an elegantly casual hotel set on the shore of Crescent Lake with a wonderful view of the Boardwalk Resort. The hotel is within easy walking distance of Epcot and a convenient boat ride to Disney's Hollywood Studios park. The highlight of this resort is the 3-acre Storm-along Bay Pool which has artificial sand that's designed to fall to the bottom of the pool so the water stays clear....leave it to Disney to take care of details like that! Storm-along Bay has a pirate ship shaped water slide, a "lazy river" type channel, whirlpools, and zero entry beach area.
Advantages - Proximity to Disney's Epcot theme park, entertainment and restaurants at the four other Epcot resort area hotels, poolside movies, an on-site Disney character breakfast, and a peaceful setting well suited for relaxation are just some of the many benefits of this hotel. Disney Deluxe hotels have queen beds, mini-refrigerators, and microwaves. This is a great resort for anyone who will spend time at the resort - rather than spending all of your time in the theme parks. There seems to be advantages for every age group here - families with young children love the pool's beach area and the convenience of shopping and dining options in this multi-resort area. Kids of all ages LOVE the expansive pool and recreation options here. Adult guests love the variety of dining options available in Epcot and in the 5-resort area, and older guests enjoy the balance of theme park accessibility and relaxation options.
Disadvantages - Bus & boat transportation is sometimes shared with the Yacht Club resort, Boardwalk Resort, Swan & Dolphin hotels. The additional stops mean that the transportation takes extra time. The deluxe resorts are expensive and may not be the best value if you'll be spending most of your time in the theme parks.
Beach Club Amenities
- Nightly outdoor movies
- Storm-Along Bay is a 795,000 gallon sand bottom pool complex with a 230-foot waterslide, lazy river (current channel), and three (3) whirl pool spas. This pool is shared with Disney's Yacht Club resort and is the most extensive pool at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Wading pool with miniature waterslide available for young children
- The Tidal Pool is a separate 43,000gallon pool in a quiet garden area, facing Crescent Lake.
- Dunes Cove pool is a 55,350 gallon pool for guests of the Beach Club Villas.
- Sand/Beach Volleyball pit
- Children's Playground
- Tennis Courts (at the Yacht Club)
- Shipshape Spa & Fitness Center
- Hair Salon adjacent to the Fitness Center
- Sandcastle Club childcare center (extra fee; ages 3 - 12)
- Lafferty Place Arcade
- Boat rentals available at the onsite marina
- Bicycle Rentals
- Rooms with 2 queen beds and a Day Bed can accommodate up to 5 guests
- Rooms come with mini-refrigerator
- On-site Restaurants
- On-Site shopping
- Free transportation to the Disney Parks
- Self park and Valet parking available (subject to a daily parking fee)
- Lake view and artificial Beach area
- Special daily resort activities
- Jogging Trail
- Easy access to Boardwalk entertainment area
- Coin Laundry available
- Complementary Wi-Fi Internet
- Merchandise Delivery and Pickup
- Resort shuttle - complimentary Disney's Magical Express Airport transfers between the resort and the Orlando International Airport (MCO)
Beach Club Resort Dining
- The Disney Yacht & Beach Clubs are directly adjacent to one another so I've included dining locations available in both resorts but have noted which are in the Yacht Club.
- Beaches & Cream - '50s style soda shop that also serves burgers, hot dogs, soups, and great ice cream desserts.
- Beach Club Marketplace - sandwiches & snacks.
- Cape May Cafe - daily character breakfast (7:30 - 11:00AM). Dinner is a clam bake buffet.
- Hurricane Hanna's Grill - poolside bar that also has burgers, hot dogs, etc.
- Rip Tide Lounge
- Martha's Vineyard Lounge - (evenings only)
- Ale and Compass Lounge (Yachts Club)
- Crew's Cup Lounge (Yachts Club)
- In-Room Dining (room service)
- Guests with Park Hopper Tickets can go into Epcot (walking distance) and enjoy all of the dining options available there.
- Yachtsman Steakhouse (Yacht Club Resort) - A signature dining location in a nautically themed dining room featuring steaks, chicken, "Catch of the Day" and at least one vegetarian option. (Fine dining; resort casual dress code - no tank tops, swimwear, cut-offs or hats for gentlemen allowed)
- Captain's Grille (Yacht Club Resort) - Kids are welcome, of course, but this also is a great option in a nice setting for those with more grown-up tastes with steak and seafood options.
Disney's Beach Club Resort Shopping
- Beach Club Marketplace Gift Shop
- The other nearby resorts - especially the Boardwalk - offer additional shopping options
- Guests with Park Hopper Tickets can go into Epcot (walking distance) and enjoy all the unique shops in the World Showcase.
- Groceries - The gift shop features some grocery items. You can save time and money by having more extensive grocery needs, snacks, and bottled water delivered directly to the resort by Garden Grocer - Click HERE for more information. Regular hotels rooms do have mini-refrigerators but do not have full kitchens. Studio-style units have mini-refrigerators and microwaves. One-bedroom or larger villas come equipped with a full kitchen.
Beach Club Resort Room & View Options
- Standard View / Standard Room - the most economical choice.
- Water or Pool View / Standard Room
- Garden View /Club Level - snacks & extra concierge type amenities.
- Deluxe Room / Club Level - Lagoon View Club Level - snacks & extra concierge type amenities.
- 1 Bedroom Suite / Club Level
- 2 Bedroom Suite / Club Level - Nantucket VP Suite / Club Level
- Newport Presidential Suite / Club Level (approx. $2000+ per night)
For Guest with Disabilities
- Disney's Beach Club Resort includes rooms available to Guests with disabilities, including wheelchair-accessible bathrooms and rooms designed for the hearing impaired.
- Complimentary wheelchairs are available on a first-come, first-served basis and cannot be reserved in advance. Guests who require wheelchairs are encouraged to bring their own equipment or make arrangements with an Orlando-area vendor prior to arrival at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Sharps containers are available upon request at no extra charge for guests who need to dispose of needles
Beach Club Resort Transportation
- Guests may use Disney's Magical Express - a shuttle bus service included in your reservation - between the Orlando International Airport and Disney's Beach Club Resort and Villas.
- Guests are within easy walking distance of the Epcot theme park.
- There is also a water launch / friendship boat that takes guests to Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios theme parks.
- Guests can take the boat to get to the other Epcot resort area hotels, restaurants, and entertainment.
- Buses available for travel to Disney's Animal Kingdom, Disney's Magic Kingdom theme parks, Downtown Disney, and the Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon water parks.
Our Opinion of Disney's Beach Club Resort
Disney's Beach Club is probably our favorite deluxe hotel at the Walt Disney World Resort even if it isn't near the Magic Kingdom or the monorail. The setting is pretty and the pool is amazing. You really can skip the theme parks and still have a great vacation while staying at the Beach Club. Beaches & Cream is a fun little restaurant and the proximity to all the Epcot resort area hotels, restaurants, and activities makes this resort an ideal choice. You're right next to Epcot which means anyone with a Magic Your Way Park Hopper ticket has access to an incredible number of restaurants. If this resort is out of your budget for your whole vacation, consider staying here for a night or two at the beginning or end of your trip - it'll be the most restful part of your vacation. We like the Beach Club better than the Yacht Club - which shares the Stormalong Bay pool - just because it is a little more relaxed and a little less dignified. Transportation was the weak spot at this resort but Disney is responding to Guest comments and this has recently improved somewhat.
Let us help you make a reservation and great memories at Disney's Beach Club
Build A Better Mouse Trip always books directly with Walt Disney World and you will never pay any more than if you booked yourself. Our clients are very important to us and we offer some special services designed to make your trip the best that it can be:
- You have one agent who know how to help you with every step of the planning process.
- We help you with a "Best Days" itinerary designed to put you in the least crowded park and/or in the park with the best entertainment each day of your trip.
- We make dining reservations on your behalf - subject to availability.
- We provide Disney theme park touring plans that are designed to let you do all the things you want to do in a way that keeps you ahead of the crowds and out of the long lines.
- We're available to answer your questions about Disney resorts, restaurants, rides, shows, and attractions.
These services are our thank you to you when you book your Walt Disney World vacation through Build A Better Mouse Trip - you don't pay any extra for all this extra planning help.
Disney's Beach Club Resort & Villas Address & Phone Number:
1800 W. Epcot Resort Blvd.
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Phone: 407-934-8000 / Fax: 407-934-3850