Electric Water Pageant At Walt Disney World Resort
The Electrical Water Pageant is a floating parade that debuted on October 26, 1971 and has been a special addition to Disney World vacations ever since. It can be seen nightly in resort areas of the Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake. Little lights outline the shapes and characters on each of the floating barges; you will see King Triton, turtles, whales, a sea monster, dolphins, and several “Stars and Stripes” themed floats. The Electrical Water Pageant inspired the Main Street Electrical Parade which opened in Disneyland in 1972 and can currently be seen most nights in the Magic Kingdom theme park at Disney World; in fact, "Baroque Hoedown" - the music for the Main Street Electrical Parade - was originally featured in the Electric Water Pageant. The Pageant may be cancelled due to weather. Ask a resort cast member for the best viewing location.
Times are subject to change (check with guest services) but the Electric Water Pageant generally can be seen at:
9: 00 PM - Disney’s Polynesian Resort
9:15 PM – Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort
9:35 PM – Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
9:45 PM – Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground
10:05 PM – Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Floats and Music for the Electric Water Pageant:
- Opening music: "Fanfare" from The Little Mermaid
- Sea Serpent (four floats) featuring "Boo Bop Bop bop Bop (I Love You Too)" from Pete's Dragon
- Whale (one float) accompanied by "Whale of a Tale" from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
- Turtle (one float)
- Octopus (one float) accompanied by "Poor Unfortunate Souls" from The Little Mermaid
- Three Jumping Dolphins (three floats)
- Brachiosaurus (one Float) accompanied by "Walk the Dinosaur"
- Crocodile (one float) accompanied by "Never Smile at a Crocodile" from Peter Pan
- Four Seahorses (one float) accompanied by "Fanfare and "Under the Sea" from The Little Mermaid
- Neptune (one float) accompanied by "Fanfare and "Under the Sea" from The Little Mermaid
- All floats change to the American Flag & Stars and are accompanied by "You're a Grand Old Flag", "Yankee Doodle", and "America the Beautiful".
- Closing music "Fireworks" and "Jig" from The Little Mermaid
The Electrical Water Pageant may run later when the Magic Kingdom's Wishes Fireworks are scheduled for 9:00PM. It can sometimes be seen at the Magic Kingdom theme park at 10:20 PM when the park has extended hours.
Cost: No charge – You can't get any more of a discount for your family vacation than free! This is one of the many activities that do not require a theme park ticket. Click here for more great Disney World freebies.
Viewing Tip: We love to watch the Electric Water Pageant from the beach area at Disney's Polynesian Resort. Technically, the beach area is for people staying at the resort but this rule only seems to be enforced at high crowd times - you are always welcome to watch from the boat launch area, which is open to everyone.. You can pick up a Dole Whip (pineapple flavored frozen soft-serve dessert) in Captain Cook's, the resort's food court, to take out and enjoy while you watch. If the Magic Kingdom is going to have fireworks after the Electric Water Pageant (check your Times Guide), some of us like to catch the first water launch over to the Magic Kingdom after the Electric Water Pageant. We usually pass the floating barges as they go by one of the other resorts. We ride the boat back and forth between the Polynesian Resort and the Magic Kingdom so that we can watch the fireworks from the water - the reflection on the water is beautiful. Because you could get stuck loading or unloading during theses things, we only recommend this for people who have seen the Electric Water Pageant and are willing to risk a bad view in the quest for a new experience. You can also watch the fireworks from the beach area or marina areas.
Build A Better Mouse Trip is happy to include the Electrical Water Pageant in your vacation itinerary and will make dining reservations to correspond to this free Walt Disney World Resort activity.