Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort (CBR) is a beautiful resort with a fun pool, themed rooms, beautiful landscaping, and a lovely lake. This is a Disney moderate hotel with more features and amenities than the value resorts while costing quite a bit less than the deluxe resorts. The setting is colorful, lush and tropical with comfortable rooms that can accommodate up to four people - or five, if your party includes a baby in a crib. Disney Caribbean Beach resort has both a food court and a table-service restaurant. You need to know that this is a large resort so room location is an important consideration. This resort has one of our top choices for kid fun and friendly pools.
Advantages - Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort is very pretty resort and the tropical look is a fun choice for guests who come from parts of the world that don't have palm trees. This resort has one of the best pool areas on Disney property for families with young kids - the pool itself features a zero-depth entry and there is a pirate ship slash zone that is a lot of fun. There are extra activities - some with fees - and has a great resort feel. Though not visible everywhere, some of the higher flying fireworks from Epcot's IllumiNations show are visible from parts of the resort. This hotel often gets the deepest discounts of any of the moderate resorts when Disney offers a "room rate" discount. The rooms at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort now have queen beds instead of double beds and there are some rooms that include a pull-down bed that can typically accommodate guests up to about age 9, depending on height, which increases the occupancy of these rooms to 5 guests.
Disadvantages - The buildings are only 2 stories high but there are no elevators in any of the buildings - guests unable to use stairs need to request a ground floor room. The resort is huge - the lake itself is about 45 acres; this size is fine if you're enjoying the resort but the walk to some of the buildings is quite long, especially if you've been walking in theme parks all day. Definitely consider the upgrade to "preferred location rooms", if it is within your budget to do so. The check-in area is a bit of a distance from the rest of the resort (shuttle van available). Disney's Caribbean Beach is a "stand alone" resort which is nice because you don't get a lot of non-resort guests wandering through the public areas; the downside of stand-alone resorts is that you don't have quick access to nearby resorts to increase dining or shopping options.
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort Amenities
- Outdoor movies available each night near the feature pool
- 33 Caribbean themed 2-Story Buildings
- The Buildings are grouped into 6 sections, called villages
- The villages: Barbados, Marinique, Aruba, Jamaica, Trinidad North, and Trinidad South
- Each village has its own pool, coin laundry, bus stop, parking area, and beach area
- 2112 Rooms - all about 300 square feet in size
- Rooms come with mini-refrigerator
- The resort has seven heated swimming pools
- The Fuentes del Morrow Fort feature pool has zero-depth entry, two water slides, and whirl pools.
- Barefoot Bay - a 42-acre lake with artificial Beach area
- Caribbean Cay is an island with picnic area and trails
- 1.4-mile walking/jogging trail
- 3 Playground areas
- Old Port Royale / Centertown area has the food court, gift shops, concierge desk, & other services.
- Goombay Games Arcade
- Sand Volleyball court near Barbados Village - volleyballs may be picked up at the Marina building. Resort ID required.
- Boat rentals available at the onsite marina
- Caribbean Pirate Adventure Cruise for children ages 4 - 12. Extra fee
- Surrey Bike rentals.
- Coin Laundry
- On-site Restaurants
- On-Site shopping
- Free transportation to the Disney Parks
- Free Parking for registered resort guests
- Special resort activities
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort Dining
- Market Street Food Court
- Shutters at Old Port Royal - table service restaurant
- Banana Cabana Pool Bar
- Pizza delivery
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort Shopping
- Calypso Straw Market
- Calypso Trading Post
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort Transportation
Guests may use Disney's Magical Express - a shuttle bus service included in your reservation - between the Orlando International Airport and Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort.
Bus transportation provided to the Disney World theme parks, Disney World Water Parks, and Downtown Disney shopping area.
Transportation provided to the Disney Golf Courses but you must have a tee time. Make arrangements through the Concierge desk the afternoon prior to your tee time.
Budgeting for a taxi can be a good idea for dining reservations at other resorts - especially early morning breakfast reservations.
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort Room View Options
- Rooms have either two double beds or one king-size bed. In 2015, double beds will be replaced with queen beds and some rooms will also have a banquette bed that can accommodate a guest usually up to about age 9, depending on height. This will increase the occupancy of some rooms to five guests.
- Standard Location rooms
- Preferred location rooms - closer to feature pool & dining. This resort is quite large so preferred location is a worthwhile upgrade, especially if you have small children.
- Water View Rooms - rooms don't have balconies so this upgrade may not be worth the cost.
- Pirate themed rooms - these rooms are very cute but they are also the farthest rooms from the feature pool and dining areas. There are smaller "leisure" pools in this area. The pirate ship beds cannot accommodate a full-thickness mattress which doesn't bother kids but some adults find uncomfortable.
- Handicap Accessible Rooms
- Important Note: Each building is two stories high. This resort does not have elevator so be sure to let us know if you cannot climb stairs. We will request a ground floor room.
Our Opinion of Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort:
If Disney's Caribbean Beach resort was a resort by the ocean or on an island, I would give it a hearty recommendation in a heartbeat. In that situation, the size would be a wonderful thing. Because the resort is at Disney World, the size is a bit of a disadvantage because the average guest spends so much time in the theme parks which can be tiring and you may not enjoy the walk to your room. If you've read many of our resort presentations, you know that we're not quick to recommend room upgrades but, in the case of this resort, we think that the "preferred location" rooms are probably worth the cost, especially if you don't have a car. You'll definitely want to include a building request with your standard location room reservation. The swimming pool & splash zone at Disney's Caribbean Beach make this resort a great option for families with young kids, especially if you're going to take breaks and spend time enjoying the resort.
Let us help you make a reservation and great memories at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Build A Better Mouse Trip always books directly with Walt Disney World and you will never pay any more than if you booked yourself. Our clients are very important to us and we offer some special services designed to make your trip the best that it can be:
- We help you with a "Best Days" itinerary designed to put you in the least crowded park and/or in the park with the best entertainment each day of your trip.
- We make dining reservations on your behalf - subject to availability.
- We provide Disney World theme park touring plans that are designed to let you do all the things you want to do in a way that keeps you ahead of the crowds and out of the long lines.
- We're available to answer your questions about Disney resorts, restaurants, rides, shows, and attractions.
These services are our thank you to you when you book your Walt Disney World vacation through Build A Better Mouse Trip - you don't pay any extra for all this extra planning help.
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort Address & Phone Number
900 Cayman Way
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830