Disney's Port Orleans - Riverside Resort
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside Resort (POR) is a moderate hotel in the Disney Springs resort area (formerly Downtown Disney ) of Disney World. The resort is right next to the Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter Resort and, in ways, it can be hard to think of them as separate units. Both resorts are inspired by New Orleans and the surrounding area, making these resorts an obvious choice for fans of the Disney movie "The Princess & the Frog". Port Orleans French Quarter is like the historic New Orleans French Quarter district while Port Orleans Riverside takes its inspiration from the mansions district and rural areas you find away from the city center. Some of the rooms in the Alligator Bayou section of this resort have a pull-down bed suitable for kids under 5-feet tall, in addition to the two queen beds, making this, and Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort, the least expensive Disney World hotels for a family of five. The new Royal Guest Rooms will delight princesses and their fans. This is a pretty and peaceful resort though on-site activities and a convenient boat ride to Disney Springs guarantee that you'll have more than enough activities to keep you busy, even when you aren't in the Disney theme parks.
Port Orleans Riverside Pro & Con
Advantages - Fountains, architecture, and landscaping make this a very pretty resort that gives a relaxing feel to your vacation. Northern guests may enjoy the very southern feel of this resort. Boat transportation to Downtown Disney opens up a lot of shopping, entertainment, and dining options. Moderate resorts have mini-refrigerators and coffee makers in the rooms. Bob Jackson performs most Wednesday - Saturday evenings in the River Roost lounge and is a lot of fun! Carriage rides, cane pole fishing, and Surrey Bike rentals round out the entertainment options. The pool has a water slide. The resort is also home to Bayou Pirate Adventure Cruises for children aged 4 - 12 years old (extra cost). The princess themed "Royal Guest" rooms are very popular and very cute.
Disadvantages - Port Orleans Riverside resort shares buses with neighboring Port Orleans French Quarter. The resort is quite large (2048 rooms) so it is a good idea to include a room location request with your reservation. There are "preferred location" rooms available at an additional cost; these are located in the Alligator Bayou area and are worth the cost, if it is within your budget.
Port Orleans Riverside Resort Amenities
- Outdoor movies available each night in the Oak Manor Courtyard
- 314 Square Foot Rooms
- Connecting Rooms available
- Rooms come with a mini-refrigerator
- Small safe in the room
- Flat panel TV with basic Orlando Cable Stations
- Bell services and luggage holding area
- Guests services / Concierge desk in the lobby
- Pack 'n Play Cribs and/or Bed rails available at no extra charge
- Live music Wednesday - Saturday evenings
- Boat Transportation to Disney Springs
- Free bus transportation to the Disney theme parks & water parks
- Free parking for registered resort guests
- Ole Man Island Feature Pool with water slide
- 5 leisure pools (no slides) throughout the resort
- Whirlpool spa near the feature pool
- Buildings offer elevators and stairs
- Children's playground
- Coin Laundry
- Mile-long walking path along the Sassagoula River
- High Speed Internet
- All rooms are non-smoking
- Horse drawn carriage rides
- Bicycle and Surrey Bike Rentals
- Fishin' Hole - rent a pole and enjoy a little catch-and-release fishing.
- Evening campfire and Outdoor Movie
Port Orleans Riverside Resort Dining
- Boatwright's Dining Hall - Table-service Restaurant
- Riverside Mill Food Court
- River Roost Lounge
- Pool Bar
- Boat transportation to Disney Springs provides lots of nearby restaurant options.
Port Orleans Riverside Resort Shopping
- Fulton's General Store (Gift Shop)
- Boat transportation to Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney) provides lots of nearby shopping opportunities.
Port Orleans Riverside Transportation
- Guests may use Disney's Magical Express - a shuttle bus service included in your reservation - between the Orlando International Airport and Disney's Port Orleans Riverside Resort.
- Boat transportation available to Disney Springs from Port Orleans Riverside Resort.
- Bus transportation available to the Disney World Theme Parks & Water Parks.
- Concierge desk can arrange for complimentary transportation to the Disney golf courses, for guests with confirmed tee times.
Port Orleans Riverside Resort Room Options
- This resort is divided into two sections: Magnolia Bend and Alligator Bayou. The Magnolia Bend buildings look like plantation manors while the Alligator Bayou rooms are more rustic, with twig style furniture and quilt-print bedspreads. If you prefer one style, be sure to add a request to your reservation.
- Some of the Alligator Bayou rooms include a pull-down "banquette" bed and can accommodate a family of five. The trundle beds are shorter than a regular bed and are recommended for children age 9 or younger.
- Magnolia Bend has Royal Guest Rooms with prince & princess themed art and a very royal feel.
- Standard View Rooms (least expensive)
- Garden View Rooms
- Water View Rooms
- Preferred Location Rooms - closer to resort main services
- King Bed Room
- Royal Guest Room - Standard View
- Royal Guest Room - Garden View
- Royal Guest Room - Water View
- Disabled accessible Rooms Available
- Note: the Royal Guest Rooms are sometimes called Princess Rooms.
Our Opinion of Disney's Port Orleans Riverside Resort:
There is a lot to love about Disney's Port Orleans Resort. The sights and sounds of the Disney theme parks can be overwhelming so it is nice to have a calm and leisurely feel to your resort. This Disney moderate hotel offers plenty of activities and amenities and the rooms are comfortable. The banquette bed rooms at Disney's Port Orleans Riverside and Disney's Caribbean Beach Resorts are the least expensive Disney hotel option for a family of five and we appreciate the fact that larger families are not just limited to the more expensive deluxe resorts. We absolutely love Bob Jackson, who performs several nights a week at the River Roost Lounge. His sing-along show is family friendly and lots of fun. Because the rooms do not have balconies, we don't feel it is generally worth the cost for most people to upgrade to a water view room. Because the resort is so large, the upgrade to a preferred location room may be worth the cost for families with small children or anyone just wanting to be closer to the feature pool and food court areas. It is a good idea to put in a building location request, which Disney doesn't guarantee but does try to honor. Those depending on Disney transportation may want to request "close to bus stop".
Note: Port Orleans Riverside Resort was formerly known as Dixie Landings.
Let us help you make a reservation and great memories at Disney's beautiful Port Orleans Riverside Resort
Build A Better Mouse Trip always books directly with Walt Disney World and you will never pay any more than if you booked yourself. Our clients are very important to us and we offer some special services designed to make your trip the best that it can be:
- We help you with a "Best Days" itinerary designed to put you in the least crowded park and/or in the park with the best entertainment each day of your trip.
- We make dining reservations on your behalf - subject to availability.
- We provide Disney Theme Park touring plans that are designed to let you do all the things you want to do in a way that keeps you ahead of the crowds and out of the long lines.
- We're available to answer your questions about Disney resorts, restaurants, rides, shows, and attractions.
These services are our thank you to you when you book your Walt Disney World vacation through Build A Better Mouse Trip - you don't pay any extra for all this extra planning help.
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside Address & Phone Number
1251 Riverside Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830