Disney's All-Star Movies Resort is one of the five Disney World Value resorts, providing an economical option for families who want to enjoy the benefits of staying at an official Disney World hotel. Disney's All-Star Movies Resort has 1920 standard guest rooms that can accommodate up to four guests per room, or five guests if the fifth person is a baby in a crib. Disney's All-Star Movies draws its inspiration from five classic Disney and Pixar Animated films: 101 Dalmatians, Fantasia, Toy Story, The Mighty Ducks, and Herbie: the Love Bug. Each building features a huge statue of a character or image from the Disney movie it represents and these, along with the colorful decor, make the All-Star resorts a favorite among young kids. The 260 square foot rooms are fairly basic but they're clean and cute and are are very popular with guests who spend a lot of time in the theme parks. Disney's All Star Movies resort has two themed swimming pools and the Fantasia pool has organized poolside activities for children during the afternoons and a poolside Disney movie each evening.
All-Star Movies Resort Overview Flier
All Star Movies Resort Map
Disney's All Star Movies Resort Pro & Con
Advantages - Clean, comfortable two cute pools and colorful Disney/Pixar themed buildings. The value resorts enjoy many of the same benefits as the more expensive resorts - things like "Extra Magic Hours" or free Disney theme park transportation - but at a much lower price. Guests here enjoy free parking, both at the resort and at the Disney theme parks. Guests can also take advantage of the Disney's Magical Express - complimentary transportation between the Orlando International Airport and the resort. As of 2012, all rooms now have mini-refrigerators at no extra cost.
Disadvantages - The rooms are small - 260 square feet - and basic; they're fine for people on a budget or who spend most of their time in the theme parks and just want a clean, convenient place to sleep. During low seasons or off-times, the All-Star resorts might share buses and, in that case, the All-Star Movies resort is typically the last stop. The value resorts do not have slides at the pools. There is a food court but the resort does not have a table-service restaurant. Depending on the type of Disney promotion offered, All-Star Movies sometimes costs more than Disney's All-Star Sports or All-Star Music Resorts.
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort Amenities
- The Fantasia Pool
- The Duck Pond Pool
- Wet-play Area & Wading Pool for children
- Reel Fun Arcade
- On-site food court
- On-Site shopping
- Daily Maid Service
- High Speed Internet Access (extra fee)
- Concierge desk services
- Luggage Service (runs on an hourly drop-off system)
- Valet Service Dry Cleaning & Laundry Service
- Coin Laundry available
- ATM machine
- Express Check-Out
- Free transportation to the Disney Parks
- Free Parking for registered resort guests.
- Theme park purchases delivered to the resort
- Pizza Delivery
- Jogging Trail - Approximately 1 mile aroudn the Disney's All-Star Resort complex. Trail maps are available at the concierge deak.
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort Dining
- World Premiere Food Court - a cafeteria style, quick service restaurant. This food court features 5 food stations with theatre marquees. You'll find a nice variety of breakfast items in the morning. For lunch and dinner, Majestic has Pizza & Pasta items, Lyric has nachos & salads, Roxy has favorites like burgers, sandwiches, chicken nuggets, and hotdogs, Grand features grab-and-go items, and Rialto features ice cream and bakery items. Kids meals available. Because all stations share centrally located cash registered, everyone can make selections from the station of their choice. You can refill your resort mug at the beverage station. The World Premiere Food Court is is a Disney Dining Plan Quick Service Location.
- Pizza Delivery - 5PM to Midnight
- Silver Screen Spirits Pool Bar - Specialty drinks, beer, sodas, etc.
- This resort does not have a table-service restaurant.
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort Shopping
- Donald's Double Feature Gift Shop in the Cinema Hall Building for sundries and souvenirs.
Disney's All-Star Movies Room Options
- Standard Room – Sleeps up to 4 (or 5 with a crib). 2 double beds or 1 king bed.
- Preferred Location Rooms - These rooms are the same size and style as the standard rooms but are located closer to Cinema Hall, the Bus Stops, and Sorcerer's Apprentice-themed Fantasia pool. these rooms are located in the 101 Dalmatians, Toy Story, and Fantasia buildings.
- Accessible rooms for guests with disabilities, including wheelchair and hearing accessible rooms. TTY equipment is available upon request at check-in. Service animals are welcome. Wheelchair accessible transportation available to the theme parks.
- There are 960 connecting rooms - two rooms joined by an interior door - at Disney's All-Star Movies Resort.
- 96 Rooms have one King bed, instead of two double beds. Couples can request these rooms but because these are also handicap accessible rooms, guests with disabilities will have priority.
- All of the rooms are approximately 260 square feet.
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort Room Amenities
- 2 Double-size beds or 1 kinng-size bed.
- Table & 2 Chairs
- 1 sink in the vanity area.
- Combination Bathtub/Shower in most rooms.
- Large roll-in shower stall in handicap accessible rooms.
- Flat Screen Cable TV with Disney Programming
- Alarm Clock
- In-Room Wall Safe
- Pack 'n Play Playard Available
- Rooms and Facilities for Guests with Disabilities
- Wi-Fi is available in all Guest rooms 7 select public spaces
- Iron and Iron Board
- Pack ‘n Play Crib available upon request.
- Mini-Refrigerator now standard in all Disney value resort rooms.
For Guest with Disabilities
- Disney's All-Star Movies Resort includes rooms available to Guests with disabilities, including wheelchair-accessible bathrooms and rooms designed for the hearing impaired.
- Complimentary wheelchairs are available on a first-come, first-served basis and cannot be reserved in advance. Guests who require wheelchairs are encouraged to bring their own equipment or make arrangements with an Orlando-area vendor prior to arrival at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Sharps containers are available upon request at no extra charge for guests who need to dispose of needles
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort Transportation
Guests may use Disney's Magical Express - a shuttle bus service included in your reservation - between the Orlando International Airport and Disney's All-Star Movies Resort.
Disney buses are available to take resort guests to the Walt Disney World theme parks, Typhoon Lagoon & Blizzard Beach Water Parks, Downtown Disney and ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.
TIP: The three Disney All-Star Resorts look very similar so be sure you are at the right resort before exiting, when the All-Star resorts share buses.
Complimentary transportation to the Disney World golf courses is arranged through the resort concierge desk. Guests must have a tee time reservation with confirmation number and transportation should be arranged the day prior to your tee time.
Our Opinion of Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
The All-Star Movies resort and Art of Animation Resort are the most "Disney" of any of the official Disney World hotels and we love that! We also love the fact that Disney's All-Star Resort is clean, fun, and has all the Disney benefits at price that normal people can afford. It may make sense to splurge on a moderate or deluxe hotel if you'll spend enough time at the resort to enjoy the amenities but the value resorts are a great fit for guests who spend almost all of their waking hours in the theme parks. We wish the value resorts had queen beds and it would be nice if the pool had a slide but those are our only real complaints.
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort Reservations
Contact us today to stay at this great resort. We'll take the stress out of planning your Walt Disney World Vacation
Build A Better Mouse Trip always books directly with Walt Disney World and you will never pay any more than if you booked yourself. Our clients are very important to us and we offer some special services designed to make your trip the best that it can be:
- We help you with a "Best Days" itinerary designed to put you in the least crowded park and/or in the park with the best entertainment each day of your trip.
- We make dining reservations on your behalf - subject to availability.
- We provide Disney Theme Park touring plans that are designed to let you do all the things you want to do in a way that keeps you ahead of the crowds and out of the long lines.
- We're available to answer your questions about Disney resorts, restaurants, rides, shows, and attractions.
These services are our thank you to you when you book your Walt Disney World vacation through Build A Better Mouse Trip - you don't pay any extra for all this extra planning help.
No obligation - Contact us today:
Toll Free Phone: 877-815-6515
Or use our Online Form
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort Address & Phone Number
Disney's All-Star MoviesResort
1901 West Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort Trivia
Disney's All-Star Movies resort opened on January 15, 1999.
Disney's All-Star Movies is often abbreviated ASMo by Disney fans. .
In keeping with the movie theme, the rails on the exterior walkways of the buildings at Disney's All-Star Movies resort look like strips of film.
Disney's All-Star Movies resort opened on January 15, 1999.
Pongo (101 Dalmatians Area) is 30 feet tall and weighes 17,000 pounds.
Buzz Lightyear (Toy Story Area) is 47 feet tall and Woody has a sitting height of 30 feet. The Green Army Men bucket is 27 feet high.
The Mighty Ducks Goalie Mask is 31 feet tall and weighes 17,000 pounds.
The Sorcerer's Apprentice-themed Fantasia Pool holds 231,610 gallons of water. The Duck Pond Pool holds 105,000 gallons of water.
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort has been recognized by the Florida Green Lodging Program for its environmentally responsible practices.
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort is right by Disney's All-Star Music and All-Star Sports Resorts. Guests of one All-Star resort are welcome to use the swimming pools and food courts at any of the other All-Star resorts.
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort has 10 buildings that are three stories high. Each building has stairs and elevators.
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort is the resort with a whole area dedicated to Toy Story but you won't find Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head here, their statues re over at Disney's Pop Century Resort.
Preferred location rooms are closer to the resort bus stop, food court, and feature pool but can also be noisy due to all of the activity in this area. Request a top floor room to enjoy a quieter stay at Disney's All-Star Movies.
Photo credits: All photos marked buildabettermousetrip.com are our own. ASMo Food Court Dining Room, fire hydrant stairs, room directory sign, and interior room photos courtesy of Josh McConnell via Flickr Creative Commons. The Sorcerer Hat, Jester and one of the Fantasia pool photos is courtesy of Javier via Flickr Creative Commons. All-Star Movies Front View by Monroet21, Buzz Lightyear at night by I.BaileryBeverly, Room vanity area by gnislew, Magic Kingdom Bus Stop by architekt2, and Fantasia Book front by juliana_lop - all via Flickr Creative Commons.