Disney World in June
June marks the beginning of summer crowds but the parks aren't as busy as July - have a good touring plan and arrive a little before park opening and you'll be fine. June can be rainy so bring a disposable poncho and keep an eye on the weather as some attractions do close when lightning comes with the rain. Keep reading to find out about crowds, closures and special events during your June trip to Disney World.
Average High: 90° f
Average Low: 71° f
Average Monthly Precipitation: 7.67"
Disney World Ride Closures and Refurbishments in June 2017:
- We will update this section as information is announced.
- Magic Kingdom - Hall of Presidents closed January 17 - June 29, 2017.
- Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort - Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters restaurant, Cabana Pool Bar & the Calypso Trading Post will be closed from May 1, 2017 to June 18, 2018. Dining options will be available for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Centertown will serve breakfast & dinner. Grab-and-Go meals like pastries, salads, fruit, and sandwiches will be sold in the Aruba, Jamaica and Aruba sections of the resort. In-room dining will still be available.
- Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Construction projects will occur at the resort beginning October 2, 2015 and continuing into July 2017. Noise from this work may be heard by guests, though work will not begin until after 9:00AM, daily. Certain pathways and the nature trail will be blocked. The Hidden Springs leisure pool at the Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, the resort beach, playground and recreation fire pit will closed. The resort's main pool will be open during construction. Cub's Den (Children's Activity Center) closed January 3, 2016 - 2017. Roaring Forks and Trout Pass Pool bar will be closed February 13 - July 17, 2017.
Don't Miss Out on Great Experiences at Disney World!
We want to help you have the most wonderful, most memorable Disney vacation possible. We know that giving you good, up-to-date information and a few simple tools will make a huge difference in your Disney vacation. Long lines become short lines and you will have great memories of shared experiences instead of missed opportunities. That's why we're called Build A Better Mouse Trip.
Here’s how we help you have a great vacation:
- Your travel agent – You have one agent from start-to-finish who knows your name and your priorities and who wants to do everything possible to help you have a wonderful experience.
- “Best Days” Itinerary – We’ll help you build an itinerary that includes your priorities for fireworks, parades, crowds and shows. Then we help with dining & Fastpass+ reservations.
- Saving Money – Of course we watch for discounts and promotion and automatically apply the best available offer to your reservation but we also help you avoid up-sells and options you won’t use.
- We Are Fee-Free - We book directly through Disney and we never charge a service fee so you never pay any extra to use our services when you book your trip through us. You can have all the benefits Disney offers PLUS all the services we offer. You can also purchase planning services through us if you've booked on your own or through another travel agency.
Crowd Warnings for Disney World in June:
- Moderate to high crowds typical for the summer season. You will experience long lines unless you have a good touring plan. Arrive before park opening to enjoy the lowest crowds and shortest lines of the day.
- Arrive before the park opens to enjoy the shortest lines of the day - click here to find out more.
- Extra Magic Hours - Extra Magic Hours are special times for guests of the official Disney World hotels where a park opens an hour early or stays open two hours late. The Extra Magic Hour(s) them park is always going to be the most crowded park of the day so you really need to think about your overall energy levels as you battle crowds and stay up late or get up early - in those situations, it might make more sense to enjoy more attractions in less time by going to a less crowded theme park. Older kids may enjoy the novelty of being at the Magic Kingdom late at night so don't rule that out - just decide in advance when Extra Magic Hours make sense for you. TIP: Not staying at an official Disney resort? Then you really need to know when Disney is having Extra Magic Hours so that you can avoid them.
- Fantasmic! at Disney's Hollywood Studios - Fantasmic! will probably have at least one performance every night in June. When two or three performances are offered, the later performances will always be less crowded than the earlier show. Warning: This show is excellent but it does feature villains for a good 8-10 minutes and the lake catches fire, which can be frightening to some small children.
- Character Breakfast Advice - The parks are at their least crowded and coolest for the first 1.5 to 2 hours that the theme parks are open so, don't spend this time in a restaurant. Go for the latest breakfast seating or to a character lunch or dinner instead to make the most of your day.
Special Events at Disney World in June:
- Gay Days at Disney World - May 30 - June 5, 2016. This is not a Disney event and most of it does not occur on Disney property but visits to the theme parks are included in the schedule.
- Epcot - Sounds Like Summer Concert series - included with park admission. 2017 Performance line-up to be announced.
- Disney Springs - Lego Store Events - The Lego Store offers periodic activities like building events or Lego Club meetings, and special offers. Click here for the current month and next month's calendar.
- Save time and money by having snacks, bottled water and other food items delivered directly to your resort by Garden Grocer - Click HERE for more information.
Don't get overwhelmed by the details - let us help!
Crowds, park hours, entertainment schedules , and dining options are a lot to think through but vacation planning is always a lot easier when you have one of our Disney-focused travel agents on your side. Imagine how much better your vacation will be when we give you a "Best Days" itinerary that puts you in the best theme park for each day of your trip, book dining reservation on your behalf (subject to availability) at times that don't interfere with parades and fireworks, and by give you excellent theme park touring plans that keep lines to an absolute minimum. We eat, sleep, and breath all things Disney so you get all of this expert service at no extra charge when you book your Disney vacation through Build A Better Mouse Trip. Click here for more information.
Use the month buttons below for lists of Disney World ride closures, attraction refurbishments, special events and crowd warnings by month. We hope this information helps you have a wonderful and memorable vacation.