Disney World in April
April is such a beautiful month to visit Walt Disney World - the weather is gorgeous and the flowers are at their finest. Expect mid-level crowds all month except for Easter week, when crowds spike to peak levels. Use a good touring plan to help you manage lines and plan to have a great time. Keep reading to find out about crowds, closures and special events during your April trip to Disney World.
Average High: 82° f
Average Low: 58° f
Average Monthly Precipitation: 2.32"
Disney World Ride Closures & Refurbishments in April 2017:
- We will update this section as information is released
- Magic Kingdom - Hall of Presidents closed January 17 - June 29, 2017
- Magic Kingdom - Prince Charming Regal Carrousel closed April 24 - May 18, 2017
- Disney's Port Orleans Riverside Resort - Alligator Bayou North Pool closed February 13 - April 7, 2017. The resort's main pool and other leisure pools will remain open.
- Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Construction projects will occur at the resort beginning October 2, 2015 and continuing throughout 2016 and into 2017. Noise from this work may be heard by guests, though work will not begin until after 9:00AM, daily. Certain pathways and the nature trail will be blocked. The Hidden Springs leisure pool at the Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, the resort beach, playground and recreation fire pit will closed. The resort's main pool will be open during construction. Cub's Den (Children's Activity Center) closed January 3, 2016 - 2017. Roaring Forks and Trout Pass Pool bar will be closed February 13 - July 17, 2017.
Don't Miss Out on Great Experiences at Disney World!
We want to help you have the most wonderful, most memorable Disney vacation possible. We know that giving you good, up-to-date information and a few simple tools will make a huge difference in your Disney vacation. Long lines become short lines and you will have great memories of shared experiences instead of missed opportunities. That's why we're called Build A Better Mouse Trip.
Here’s how we help you have a great vacation:
- Your travel agent – You have one agent from start-to-finish who knows your name and your priorities and who wants to do everything possible to help you have a wonderful experience.
- “Best Days” Itinerary – We’ll help you build an itinerary that includes your priorities for fireworks, parades, crowds and shows. Then we help with dining & Fastpass+ reservations.
- Saving Money – Of course we watch for discounts and promotion and automatically apply the best available offer to your reservation but we also help you avoid up-sells and options you won’t use.
- We Are Fee-Free - We book directly through Disney and we never charge a service fee so you never pay any extra to use our services when you book your trip through us. You can have all the benefits Disney offers PLUS all the services we offer. You can also purchase planning services through us if you've booked on your own or through another travel agency.
Special Events at Disney World in April:
- Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival - March 1 - May 29, 2017. This beautiful event is included with park admission and features whimsical topiaries, special displays, gardening seminars, and Garden Rocks mini-concerts at the American Gardens Theatre stage on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at 5:30, 6:45, & 8:00pm. 2017's performance line-up: To Be Announced
Crowd Warnings for Disney World in April:
- Spring Break Season. Crowds are moderate to moderately high for early April but start building on April 8th and stay in the moderate-to-high zone through April 22nd. Get to the theme parks before they open to enjoy the lowest crowds of the day and use a good theme park touring plan to keep lines to a minimum and you'll be fine.
- Easter & Passover Weeks - April 8 - 22, 2017. Crowds spike this week to peak levels. Plan to arrive before the park opens to enjoy the lowest crowds of the day and use a good touring plan to help keep lines to a minimum. Click here to learn more about theme park touring plans.
- Extra Magic Hours (EMH) - Extra Magic Hours are special times exclusively for guests of the official Disney World hotels where one theme park opens an hour early or stays open two hours late. The Extra Magic Hour(s) park is always the most crowded park of the day so you really need to think about your overall energy levels as you battle crowds and stay up late or get up early. It might make more sense for your family to enjoy more attractions in less time by going to a less crowded theme park. Older kids may enjoy the novelty of being at the Magic Kingdom late at night so don't rule that out - just decide in advance when Extra Magic Hours make sense for you. TIP: Not staying at an official Disney hotel? You especially need to know when Disney is having Extra Magic Hours so that you can avoid them.
- Fantasmic! at Disney's Hollywood Studios - Fantasmic! will probably have at least one performance every night in April. When two or three performances are offered, the later performances will always be less crowded than the earlier show. Warning: This show is excellent but it does feature villains for a good 8-10 minutes and the lake catches fire, which can be frightening to some small children.
- Disney Springs - Lego Store Events - The Lego Store offers periodic activities like building events or Lego Club meetings, and special offers. Click here for the current month and next month's calendar.
- Save time and money by having snacks, bottled water and other food items delivered directly to your resort by Garden Grocer - Click HERE for more information.
- Don't get overwhelmed by the details - let us help: High crowds/ low crowds. Long hours / short hours. It can be a lot to think through but vacation planning is always a lot easier when you have one of our Disney-focused travel agents on your side. Imagine how much better your vacation will be when we give you a "Best Days" itinerary that puts you in the best theme park for each day of your trip, book dining reservation on your behalf (subject to availability) at times that don't interfere with parades and fireworks, and by give you excellent theme park touring plans that keep lines to an absolute minimum. We eat, sleep, and breathe all things Disney so you get all of this expert service at no extra charge when you book your Disney vacation through Build A Better Mouse Trip.
Use the month buttons below for lists of Disney World ride closures, attraction refurbishments, special events and crowd warnings by month. We hope this information helps you have a wonderful and memorable vacation.