Disney World in November 2017
Cooler weather, Epcot's Food & Wine Festival, Festival of the Master's, and holiday decorations...what's not to love about Disney World in November? There are some crowd issues to work through but the information below should get you off to a great start!
Average High: 79° f
Average Low: 57° f
Average Monthly Precipitation: 2.24"
Disney World Ride Closures and Refurbishments in November:
- Magic Kingdom - Splash Mountain will be closed August 28 - November 16, 2017.
- Magic Kingdom - "Happily Ever After' Fireworks are not currently scheduled for November 1, 8, 9, 12, 14, 16, 17, 26, 28; December 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21, 22. The park will close at 7:00PM on these nights for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (November 1 only) and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parties (separately ticketed event).
- Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort - Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters restaurant, Cabana Pool Bar & the Calypso Trading Post will be closed from May 1, 2017 to June 18, 2018. Dining options will be available for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Centertown will serve breakfast & dinner. Grab-and-Go meals like pastries, salads, fruit, and sandwiches will be sold in the Aruba, Jamaica and Aruba sections of the resort. In-room dining will still be available.
Special Events at Disney World in November:
- Magic Kingdom will open to everyone (not just Disney World hotel guests) at 8am, an hour earlier than the usual 9am opening time, on Nov. (Dates to be announced).
- The Magical Extras Savings Card is included in every Walt Disney World Resort vacation package and provides discounts at several restaurants, shops, and activities. Click here for full details.
- Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend - November 2 -5, 2017. Click here for more details.
- "Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!", a new Holiday Nighttime Spectacular at Disney's Hollywood Studios on (Dates to Be Announced). Head to the front of the Great Movie Ride to see this show come to life on, above and all around the Chinese Theater with music, special effects, projections, and fireworks.
- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party- Select nights at Magic Kingdom / 7PM - Midnight. 2017 Party dates: November 8, 9, 12, 14, 16, 17, 26, 28; December 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21, 22. These specially ticketed events - you cannot use your Magic Your Way or Park Hopper Ticket - are a lot of fun for families. Ticket prices vary from $81 - $99, depending on the date and age of participant. These parties include special activities, shows, a parade, and special event fireworks. Warning: The Magic Kingdom will close to the public at 7pm on party nights and won't have 'Happily Ever After' fireworks on these nights. Restaurant reservations in the resorts closest to the Magic Kingdom fill early on these nights.
- Magic Kingdom - "A Frozen Holiday Wish" - (dates to be announced) - A show featuring Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf on the Castle Forecourt Stage in the Magic Kingdom. Check the Magic Kingdom Times Guide for exact time during your visit. Click here for a list of places you can see Anna and Elsa at Disney World.
- Epcot's International Food & Wine Festival ~ August 31 - November 13, 2017. This very popular event is included with your regular Epcot admission although there are special events related to this festival that do have a separate fee. Enjoy food and wine themed demonstrations. Chefs and winemakers from around the globe have booths were you can savor the amazing flavors available for sale- both in full meals and in snack sized portions. Disney Dining Plan credits can typically be used for non-alcoholic items - in fact, a lot of people "hoard" their snack credits just to use at the festival. Tip: This is a very popular event so the weekends will be more crowded than usual at Epcot as locals and annual passholders come to take in the festivities. Weekdays, especially Mondays, will be much less crowded.
- Meet Santa at Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney) - November 13 - December 30, 2016 from noon to 10PM. Photos included in the Memory Maker package. (Free)
- Candlelight Processional (Epcot) - November 27 - December 30, 2016. Performances at 5:00. 6:45 and 8:00PM (No 5PM show on December 6th). This is one of Disney World's most beautiful holiday traditions where you'll experience a wonderful retelling of the Christmas story by a celebrity narrator accompanied by a mass choir and full orchestra. There is no extra charge - this event is included in your Epcot theme park admission but the performances do fill early. You can reserve a Candlelight Processional Lunch or Dinner package that provides a special voucher that guarantees a spot at one of the same-day performances. Contact us for more information. This year's celebrity narrators: Nov. 25 - 27 Steven Curtis Chapman / Nov. 28 - Dec. 1 Neil Patrick Harris / Dec. 2 - 3 Whoopi Goldberg / Dec. 4 - 6 Edward James Olmos / Dec. 7 - 9 To Be Announced / Dec. 10 - 12 Robby Benson / Dec. 13 - 15 Meredith Vierira / Dec. 16 - 18 Jim Caviezel / Dec. 19 - 21 Joe Morton / Dec. 22- 24 Ming-Na Wen / Dec. 25 - 27 Jodi Benson / Dec. 28 - 30 Cal Ripken, Jr.
- Epcot - JOYFUL! A Gospel Celebration of the Season from (dates to be announced). See your Epcot Times Guide (available near the park maps near the front of Epcot) for exact times during your visit, included with admission.
- Epcot - Holidays Around the World Storytellers - November 25 - December 30, 2016. Throughout the day, storytellers in each of the country pavilions share a holiday tradition.
- Disney Springs - Lego Store Events - The Lego Store offers periodic activities like building events or Lego Club meetings, and special offers. Click here for the current month and next month's calendar.
Don't Miss Out on Great Experiences at Disney World!
We want to help you have the most wonderful, most memorable Disney vacation possible. We know that giving you good, up-to-date information and a few simple tools will make a huge difference in your Disney vacation. Long lines become short lines and you will have great memories of shared experiences instead of missed opportunities. That's why we're called Build A Better Mouse Trip.
Here’s how we help you have a great vacation:
- Your travel agent – You have one agent from start-to-finish who knows your name and your priorities and who wants to do everything possible to help you have a wonderful experience.
- “Best Days” Itinerary – We’ll help you build an itinerary that includes your priorities for fireworks, parades, crowds and shows. Then we help with dining & Fastpass+ reservations.
- Saving Money – Of course we watch for discounts and promotion and automatically apply the best available offer to your reservation but we also help you avoid up-sells and options you won’t use.
- We Are Fee-Free - We book directly through Disney and we never charge a service fee so you never pay any extra to use our services when you book your trip through us. You can have all the benefits Disney offers PLUS all the services we offer. You can also purchase planning services through us if you've booked on your own or through another travel agency.
Crowd Warnings for Disney World in November:
- Thanksgiving Week - November . Thanksgiving week is generally Disney World's third busiest week of the whole year. The great thing is that the temperatures are cool and Disney always extends the hours this week but you absolutely need a good touring plan to avoid lines that routinely are 1 - 3 hours long. Our Disney-focused travel agents can help you manage all the special issues that affect this busy season. Important Tip: The lines will be shortest in the first hour or two that the park is open so plan to arrive at least 20 minutes before opening to have the most fun in the shortest time. It is better to arrive early and take a mid-day break than to arrive late and suffer through the long lines. Book dining reservations right away!
- Some thoughts on Extra Magic Hours - Extra Magic Hour(s) is when one of the Disney theme parks opens an hour early or stays open two extra hours after closing for guests staying at one of the official Disney hotels. Because Disney has 33,000 hotel rooms, the Extra Magic Hour Park will always be the most crowded park of the day so it may make sense to enjoy more attractions in less time by going to a less crowded park. Remember too that you'll have to get up early or stay up late to take advantage of Extra Magic Hours so think about your family's energy level before deciding to go. On the other hand, the Magic Kingdom closes early for parties on so many nights in November that Evening Extra Magic Hours can help you get the time you need in this wonderful park. Guests staying at a non-Disney hotel still need to know which park has Extra Magic Hours so you don't end up in line behind people who got in an hour before you.
- Be smart about Character Breakfast reservations - I am not a big fan of Disney character breakfasts because the theme parks are at their least crowded and the lines are shortest when the parks first open for the day. In my opinion, there is no good reason to sit in a restaurant when lines are short and then head out to the attractions just in time to get in a long line. A character lunch or dinner can give you a much-needed break after you've had a chance to build up an appetite enjoying the rides and attractions when the lines are low. Character lunches and dinners also give you more bang for your buck when you're on a Disney Dining Plan. If you love character breakfasts, consider booking a late character breakfast seating and treat it like brunch - this will still let you enjoy the short lines just after park opening before sitting down to eat. Water park days, relaxing-at-the-resort days, and departure day are also great possibilities for people who love character breakfasts.
- Fantasmic! at Disney's Hollywood Studios - Fantasmic! will have at least one performance every night in November. Disney will probably add a second performance on select nights and the later performance will always be less crowded than the first. You'll need to line up at least 60 minutes early when the crowds are high. Warning: This show is excellent but it does feature villains for a good 8-10 minutes and the lake catches fire, which can be frightening to some small children.
- Save time and money by having snacks, bottled water and other food items delivered directly to your resort by Garden Grocer - Click HERE for more information.
- Why you need a Disney-focused travel agent: Tips and information like this is one of the biggest benefits of having a Disney-focused travel agent help you plan your Disney vacation. Our agents will help you have a better trip by providing a "Best Days" itinerary that puts you in the best theme park for each day of your trip, by booking dining reservation on your behalf (subject to availability) at times that don't interfere with parades and fireworks, and by giving you excellent theme park touring plans that keep lines to an absolute minimum. You get all of this expert service at no extra charge when you book your Disney vacation through Build A Better Mouse Trip.
Use the month buttons below for lists of Disney World ride closures, attraction refurbishments, special events and crowd warnings by month. We hope this information helps you have a wonderful and memorable vacation.