Disney World in March 2018
March is a great month to visit Walt Disney World if you want the opportunity to enjoy long hours without suffering through the heat of the summer months. The first week of March has moderate crowds but this is spring break season in Florida so expect crowds to build from the second week on into April. Use a good touring plan and you'll have a great time. Keep reading to find out about crowds, closures and special events during your March trip to Disney World.
Average High: 77° f
Average Low: 53° f
Average Monthly Precipitation: 3.82"
Disney World Ride Closures & Refurbishments in March 2018
- Magic Kingdom - Splash Mountain will be closed from January 8 - February 1, 2018.
- Magic Kingdom - Liberty Square Riverboat will be closed from January 8 - To Be Determined.
- Magic Kingdom - Cinderella's Royal Table (restaurant) will be closed February 28 - March 2, 2018. Click here to learn about other Disney princess meals at Disney World.
- Animal Kingdom - Kali River Rapids will be closed from January 8 - February 10, 2018.
- Animal Kingdom - Finding Nemo - The Musical will be closed from February 4 - To Be Determined.
- Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park will be closed for its annual refurbishment from October 29 - January 6, 2018. Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park will close for refurbishment on January 7, the reopening date has not yet been announced.
- Disney's All-Star Movies Resort - Duck Pond Leisure Pool will be closed January 2 - Spring 2018
- Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort - Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters restaurant, Cabana Pool Bar & the Calypso Trading Post will be closed from May 1, 2017 to through Fall 2018. Dining options will be available for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Centertown will serve breakfast & dinner. Grab-and-Go meals like pastries, salads, fruit, and sandwiches will be sold in the Aruba, Jamaica and Aruba sections of the resort. In-room dining will still be available.
- Disney's Grand Floridian Resort Beach Pool & Pool Bar will be closed January 2 - Spring 2018
Don't Miss Out on Great Experiences at Disney World!
We want to help you have the most wonderful, most memorable Disney vacation possible. We know that giving you good, up-to-date information and a few simple tools will make a huge difference in your Disney vacation. Long lines become short lines and you will have great memories of shared experiences instead of missed opportunities. That's why we're called Build A Better Mouse Trip.
Here’s how we help you have a great vacation:
- Your travel agent – You have one agent from start-to-finish who knows your name and your priorities and who wants to do everything possible to help you have a wonderful experience.
- “Best Days” Itinerary – We’ll help you build an itinerary that includes your priorities for fireworks, parades, crowds and shows. Then we help with dining & Fastpass+ reservations.
- Saving Money – Of course we watch for discounts and promotion and automatically apply the best available offer to your reservation but we also help you avoid up-sells and options you won’t use.
- We Are Fee-Free - We book directly through Disney and we never charge a service fee so you never pay any extra to use our services when you book your trip through us. You can have all the benefits Disney offers PLUS all the services we offer. You can also purchase planning services through us if you've booked on your own or through another travel agency.
Crowd Warnings for Disney World in March:
- Spring Break Season 2018: Crowds are moderate for early March but start building on March 11th and stay in the moderate-to-high zone for the remainder of the month. The highest crowd levels will be from March 24 - April 7, 2017. Get to the theme parks before they open to enjoy the lowest crowds of the day and use a good theme park touring plan to keep lines to a minimum and you'll be fine.
- Extra Magic Hours (EMH) - Extra Magic Hours are special times exclusively for guests of the official Disney World hotels where one theme park opens an hour early or stays open two hours late. The Extra Magic Hour(s) park is always going to be the most crowded park of the day so you really need to think about your overall energy levels as you battle crowds and stay up late or get up early. For many families, it might make more sense to enjoy more attractions in less time by going to a less crowded theme park. Older kids may enjoy the novelty of being at the Magic Kingdom late at night so don't rule that out - just decide in advance when Extra Magic Hours make sense for you. TIP: Not staying at an official Disney hotel? It is especially important that you know when Disney is having Extra Magic Hours so that you can avoid them.
- Fantasmic! at Disney's Hollywood Studios - Fantasmic! will have at least one performance every night in March. When two or three performances are offered, the later performance will always be less crowded than the earlier show. Warning: This show is excellent but it does feature villains for a good 8-10 minutes and the lake catches fire, which can be frightening to some small children.
Special Events at Disney World in March:
- Atlanta Braves Spring Training - Dates To Be Announced. Separate ticket required to watch games at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Champion Stadium.
- Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival - Dates To Be Announced. This beautiful event is included with park admission and features whimsical topiaries, special displays, gardening seminars, and Garden Rocks mini-concerts at the American Gardens Theatre stage on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at 5:30, 6:45, & 8:00pm. 2017's performance line-up: To Be Announced
- Epcot's Easter Egg-Stravaganza - (To Be Announced). Receive a map that helps you find plastic eggs decorated with Disney characters. You can purchase maps and start your hunt at the following locations: Heritage Manor Gifts (American Adventure Pavilion), Pin Central, Plaza Towers (Port of Entry) and World Traveler (International Gateway). Click here for more information.
- Mighty St. Patrick's festival at Raglan Road (Disney Springs) - Dates to Be Announced. A wonderful week of Irish Music, dancing, face painting & more. Click here for full details.
- Disney Springs - Lego Store Events - The Lego Store offers periodic activities like building events or Lego Club meetings, and special offers. Click here for the current month and next month's calendar.
- Save time and money by having snacks, bottled water and other food items delivered directly to your resort by Garden Grocer - Click HERE for more information.
- Don't get overwhelmed by the details - let us help: High crowds/ low crowds. Long hours / short hours. It can be a lot to think through but vacation planning is always a lot easier when you have one of our Disney-focused travel agents on your side. Imagine how much better your vacation will be when we give you a "Best Days" itinerary that puts you in the best theme park for each day of your trip, book dining reservation on your behalf (subject to availability) at times that don't interfere with parades and fireworks, and by give you excellent theme park touring plans that keep lines to an absolute minimum. We eat, sleep, and breathe all things Disney so you get all of this expert service at no extra charge when you book your Disney vacation through Build A Better Mouse Trip.
Use the month buttons below for lists of Disney World ride closures, attraction refurbishments, special events and crowd warnings by month. We hope this information helps you have a wonderful and memorable vacation.