Disney World in February
February has low to moderate crowds except for Presidents Week where the crowds spike. The weather is cool and enjoyable. Keep reading to find out about crowd warnings, ride closures and refurbishments, and special events during your February visit to Disney World.
Average High: 74° f
Average Low: 50° f
Average Monthly Precipitation: 2.88"
Disney World Ride Closures and Refurbishments in February 2018
- Magic Kingdom - Splash Mountain will be closed from January 8 - February 1, 2018.
- Magic Kingdom - Liberty Square Riverboat will be closed from January 8 - To Be Determined.
- Magic Kingdom - Pirates of the Caribbean will be closed from February 26 - March 18, 2018..
- Magic Kingdom - Cinderella's Royal Table (restaurant) will be closed February 28 - March 2, 2018. Click here to learn about other Disney princess meals at Disney World.
- Epcot - The American Adventure will be closed through early February. An exact date has not been released but open hours are listed beginning February 15th.
- Epcot - The Circle of Life movie closed permanently on February 4, 2018.
- Animal Kingdom - Kali River Rapids will be closed from January 8 - February 10, 2018.
- Animal Kingdom - Finding Nemo - The Musical will be closed from February 4 - To Be Determined.
- Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park will be closed for its annual refurbishment from October 29 - January 6, 2018. Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park will close for refurbishment on January 7 through March 18, 2018.
- Disney Springs - La Nouba by Cirque du Soleil closing permanently on January 1, 2018.
- Disney Springs - Portobello Country Italian Trattoria is closed until further notice.
- Disney's All-Star Movies Resort - Duck Pond Leisure Pool will be closed January 2 - Spring 2018. Room refurbishments will begin in late February and continue through Winter 2018. Construction activities will be limited to 9:00AM - Dusk.
- Disney's All-Star Music Resort - Calypso Feature Pool will be closed late February - early March 2018.
- Disney's Art of Animation Resort - Flippin' Fins leisure Pool (Little Mermaid area) will be closed late January - early February 2018. The Cozy Cone Pool (Cars area) will be closed early February to mid-February. The Big Blue feature pool (Fining Nemo area) will remain open.
- Disney's Boardwalk Inn & Villas is undergoing some refurbishment projects across the property until further notice and guests may notice work being done through noise should not be heard from guest rooms between dusk and 9:00AM. The resort remains in full operation with pools, dining, merchandise and recreation areas all open.
- Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort - Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters restaurant, Cabana Pool Bar & the Calypso Trading Post will be closed from May 1, 2017 to through Fall 2018. Dining options will be available for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Centertown will serve breakfast & dinner. Spyglass Grill, located in Trinidad South, serves breakfast. lunch and dinner. Grab-and-Go meals like pastries, salads, fruit, and sandwiches will be sold in the Aruba, Jamaica and Aruba sections of the resort. In-room dining will still be available.
- Disney's Coronado Springs Resort is undergoing some refurbishment projects across the property until further notice and guests may notice work being done through noise should not be heard from guest rooms between dusk and 9:00AM. The resort remains in full operation with pools, dining, merchandise and recreation areas all open.
- Disney's Grand Floridian Resort Beach Pool & Pool Bar will be closed January 2 - Spring 2018 though the water play area is still open. The courtyard pool is also open.
- Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort - Meadow Swimmin' Pool will be closed late January - early February 2018.
- Disney's Old Key West Resort is undergoing some refurbishment projects across the property until further notice and guests may notice work being done through noise should not be heard from guest rooms between dusk and 9:00AM. The resort remains in full operation with pools, dining, merchandise and recreation areas all open.
- Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - Lava Pool and waterslide will be closed February 2018. The Oasis pool is open.
- Disney's Pop Century Resort - Bowling Pool (50's area) will be closed late February - May 2018; the Hippy Dippy feature pool and Computer Pool will remain open at this time. Room refurbishments will continue through Summer 2018 but many buildings are already done.
- Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter Resort - Room refurbishments will begin in early January and continue through late Spring 2018. Construction activities will be limited to 9:00AM - Dusk. The resort remains in full operation with pools, dining, merchandise and recreation areas all open.
- Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - Paddock pool will be closed late January - mid-February 2018. The High Rock Spring Pool and the leisure pools located at The Grandstand, Congress Park and the Treehouse villas are all open.
- Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Copper Creek Springs Pool will be closed mid-January - late-February 2018. The Boulder Ridge Cove pool is open.
- Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Convention Center is undergoing expansion work through Winter 2018 and guests may notice work being done through noise should not be heard from guest rooms between dusk and 9:00AM. The resort remains in full operation with pools, dining, merchandise and recreation areas all open.
Don't Miss Out on Great Experiences at Disney World!
We want to help you have the most wonderful, most memorable Disney vacation possible. We know that giving you good, up-to-date information and a few simple tools will make a huge difference in your Disney vacation. Long lines become short lines and you will have great memories of shared experiences instead of missed opportunities. That's why we're called Build A Better Mouse Trip.
Here’s how we help you have a great vacation:
- Your travel agent – You have one agent from start-to-finish who knows your name and your priorities and who wants to do everything possible to help you have a wonderful experience.
- “Best Days” Itinerary – We’ll help you build an itinerary that includes your priorities for fireworks, parades, crowds and shows. Then we help with dining & Fastpass+ reservations.
- Saving Money – Of course we watch for discounts and promotion and automatically apply the best available offer to your reservation but we also help you avoid up-sells and options you won’t use.
- We Are Fee-Free - We book directly through Disney and we never charge a service fee so you never pay any extra to use our services when you book your trip through us. You can have all the benefits Disney offers PLUS all the services we offer. You can also purchase planning services through us if you've booked on your own or through another travel agency.
Crowd Warnings for Disney World in February:
- Crowds are moderate for most of the month.
- Presidents Week (Feb 17 - 25, 2018) is very busy - only slightly less crowded than Spring Break - and you'll definitely want to arrive early at the parks and have a good touring plan in hand.
- Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend - February 22 - 25, 2018. These events do not take place in the theme parks but you will notice runners and their families in your resort and, at times, visiting the parks
- Extra Magic Hours - The Extra Magic Hour(s) Park is always going to be the most crowded park of the day but crowds are going to be low enough that it shouldn't be an issue, other than the days just before and after Presidents Day. During that time, crowds will be higher and you really need to think about your overall energy levels as you battle crowds and stay up late or get up early. It might make more sense to enjoy more attractions in less time by going to a less crowded theme park.
- Fantasmic! at Disney's Hollywood Studios - Fantasmic! will probably have at least one performance every night in February. When two performances are offered, the later performance will always be less crowded than the earlier show. Warning: This show is excellent but it does feature villains for a good 8-10 minutes and the lake catches fire, which can be frightening to some small children.
- Save time and money by having snacks, bottled water and other food items delivered directly to your resort by Garden Grocer - Click HERE for more information.
- Don't get overwhelmed by the details - let us help: Crowds, park hours, entertainment schedules , and dining options are a lot to think through but vacation planning is always a lot easier when you have one of our Disney-focused travel agents on your side. Imagine how much better your vacation will be when we give you a "Best Days" itinerary that puts you in the best theme park for each day of your trip, book dining reservation on your behalf (subject to availability) at times that don't interfere with parades and fireworks, and by give you excellent theme park touring plans that keep lines to an absolute minimum. We eat, sleep and breathe all things Disney so you get all of this expert service at no extra charge when you book your Disney vacation through Build A Better Mouse Trip. Click here for more information.
February Special Events at Disney World
- Super Bowl - Sunday, February 4, 2018. Click here for a list of places to catch the Big Game at Disney World.
- The Epcot International Festival of the Arts is January 12- February 19, 2018. It will run seven days a week with extra entertainment offered on the weekends. This event celebrates Visual, Performing and Culinary arts.
- Disney Springs - The Lego Store offers periodic activities like building events or Lego Club meetings, and special offers. Click here for the current month and next month's calendar.
Use the month buttons below for lists of Disney World ride closures, attraction refurbishments, special events and crowd warnings by month. We hope this information helps you have a wonderful and memorable vacation.