Where to Find Ariel, the Little Mermaid, at Disney World
Ariel, from The Little Mermaid, appears in both her mermaid and human forms in quite a few experiences and locations at Disney World. Keep reading to learn where to find her inside and outside the parks.
Where to meet Ariel at Disney World:
- The only guaranteed place to meet Ariel is at Ariel's Grotto, a permanent Meet-and-Greet location, in Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom. PhotoPass photographers are on hand to take pictures with their cameras or your own, and you can get Ariel's autograph. You can make a FASTPASS+ reservation for this experience or use the stand-by entrance. TIP: Lines move slowly because Ariel takes time with each guest so do this in the first hour the park is open or later in the evening if you do not have a FASTPASS+ reservation. Ariel's Grotto is usually open during morning and evening Extra Magic Hours.
- Disney's Boardwalk - Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno (Breakfast only). Select from menu items while Ariel, Prince Eric, Rapunzel and Flynn Rider (characters subject to change) go from table to table meeting guests, posing for photos and signing autographs. Unless you're staying in the Epcot resort area, it'll be easier to take your car, Uber or a taxi to this dining location rather than relying on Disney transportation. It is easy enough to use the boats or buses that depart from this location to get to one of the Disney theme parks afterwards.
- Ariel sometimes appears in her human form at the princess meals at both Cinderella's Royal Table in the Magic Kingdom and the Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall in Epcot. There is no way to know in advance whether or not she'll be present during your visit so don't promise your child that she'll be there - just tell them that they will see three or four Disney princesses at the meal. Children sometimes don't recognize Ariel in her human form.
Disney World Rides, Shows, and Parades featuring the Little Mermaid:
- Magic Kingdom - Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid: This charming slow-moving 7-minute ride is appropriate for all ages and is in the "caverns" at Prince Eric's castle in Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom. You'll ride in a cute clamshell and go under the sea to see highlights from The Little Mermaid. This delightful and colorful ride features 183 characters with 128 appearing in the "Under the Sea" scene; the Ursula figure (called an Audio-Animatronic) is 7.5 feet tall and 12 feet wide. The queue area for this attraction resembles a sea cavern at low tide with shells, starfish, barnacles and treasures. There are interactive activities on digital screens throughout the line to help keep little people occupied while you wait to ride. Guests with special needs must transfer to a standard wheelchair to board this ride, and handheld captioning devices are available for the hearing impaired. There are no height restrictions and FASTPASS+ reservations are offered for this attraction.
- Magic Kingdom - Mickey's Philharmagic: A cute, 12-minute 3D movie that includes music and settings from The Little Mermaid. Chairs and air-conditioning are an added bonus!
- Magic Kingdom - Festival of Fantasy Parade: Ariel has her own float in the daily afternoon Festival of Fantasy Parade. Daily at 3:00PM. (Photo at top of page)
- Magic Kingdom - Once Upon a Christmastime Parade (Seasonal): Ariel appears in her human form on a float in the Christmas parade at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and for a limited engagement in the Magic Kingdom during Christmas break.
- Disney's Hollywood Studios - Voyage of the Little Mermaid (show): This is a very cute, 17-minute show with live performers and large, colorful puppets that features highlights from The Little Mermaid movie. The fact that the venue is air-conditioned is an added bonus on hot days. FASTPASS+ reservations may be available for this attraction.
- Disney's Hollywood Studios - Fantasmic! (evening show): Ariel and Prince Eric are featured on a float in Fantasmic!, the evening spectacular at Disney's Hollywood Studios park. Short clips from the movie are shown on water mist screens as part of the show. This is an impressive show that is offered most - but not all - evenings. Check our Disney World closures and crowd warnings for the month of your vacation to be sure that it is being offered on the day you visit this park.
A Little More Little Mermaid:
- Magic Kingdom - There is a Little Mermaid window display with moving parts in the Emporium on Main Street USA in the Magic Kingdom.
- Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney) - World of Disney Sculpture; There is a really neat Little Mermaid sculpture suspended from the ceiling in the World of Disney Store in Disney Springs. (photo below)
- Disney's Art of Animation Resort has a whole Little Mermaid Section with giant character icons. The rooms here have 2 double beds and can accommodate 4 guests, plus one baby in crib. The food court in this resort has an area with Little Mermaid decorations and the ladies' restroom in the lobby has bright pink tiles with a large picture of the Little Mermaid on the wall.
- The Electric Water Pageant (floating parade) features a King Triton float and music from The Little Mermaid.
Sebastian, from The Little Mermaid, at Disney's Art of Animation Resort at Walt Disney World Resort.
Is planning your Disney vacation making you crabby?
Our Disney-focused agents can take the stress out of wading through seas of questionable or outdated information and will make the whole trip planning process feel like smooth sailing. The best part is that we are a fee-free travel agency so you don't pay any extra to take advantage of all our services when you book through us.
Use the buttons below to search for other Disney Princesses by name or all the princesses available at a specific Disney World theme park. Click here to return to our main Disney Princess Page.