Disney World Nightlife
Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney)
There's always great stuff going on in the evenings at Disney Springs (formerly called Downtown Disney). There are kid-friendly dance parties at various times throughout the evening from 6:30 - 9:30PM. You can often find live performers scattered throughout Disney Springs and on the WaterSide Stage. There are also free sleight-of-hand demonstrations at the Magic Masters shop. You have to buy a ticket but the Characters in Flight Aerophile is a neat experience. Cirque Du Soleil - LaNouba requires a separate ticket and is a great show. Folks are loving the new Splitsville Luxury Lanes for shooting pool, bowling, and meeting for a drink.
Raglan Road - This pub opened in October 2005 and has become a favorite. Four antiquebars were imported from Ireland and great attention was given to the furnishings and trim to give this restaurant a classic Irish pub ambiance. Irish musicians (traditional and contemporary) entertain nightly and the music, dance, and storytelling keep things fun and lively. See Raglan Road Official Website for more details.
House of Blues - This restaurant features the largest publicly displayed folk art collection and is themed to honor the history of the Blues. Dining available all evening with regular live music on Friday and Saturday nights from 10:30PM to Close. Special concerts may require special tickets. See the House of Blues official website for a list of scheduled events.
AMC 24 Dine-In Theatres - Enjoy dinner and cocktails while watching first run movies in a big-screen theater. Guests must at least 18 years old or must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is 21 years or older. click here to see what's playing.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Walt Disney World Resort is in the final stages of transforming Downtown Disney into a re-imagined entertainment, dining, and shopping area that is now called Disney Springs. The change to this area is absolutely beautiful and it is a great place to spend your evening - there is music, bowling, movies, dining, shopping and more. The Pleasure Island clubs closed permanently September 28, 2008.
Disney's Boardwalk Entertainment Area
Visitors to Walt Disney World Resort often come and go without ever finding this special gem in the Epcot resort area. The Boardwalk is designed to look like the Mid-Atlantic seaside villages from the early 1900's. Disney's Boardwalk Resort is a nice boat ride from Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park (formerly called Disney-MGM Studios) or you can even walk over from the Epcot International Gateway. You can also take Disney transportation to the closest theme park, water park, or Downtown Disney and catch a bus to the Disney Boardwalk Inn and Villas.
Here is a sampling of some of the fun you can find here:
- ESPN Club - Sports bar/restaurant with over 100 televisions.
- Big River Grille & Brewing Works
- Belle Vue Lounge
- Jellyrolls - an uproarious dueling piano bar & sing-along. Opens at 7:00PM with non-stop live entertainment from 8:00PM to 2:00AM. Rowdy, waterfront atmosphere. Cover charge. Must be 21 or older.
- Atlantic Dance Hall - This spacious dance venue features DJ's playing your favorites from the 70's through today. 9:00PM - 2AM Tuesday through Saturday. Ages 21 and over.
- Boardwalk Entertainment - Caricature Artist, hair wrappers, Surrey bike rental, and carnival games. Shopping - you will find shops offering everything candy, Disney merchandise, golf apparel and accessories, toys, and the Wyland Galleries.
More Nighttime Entertainment Options
Bob Jackson - River Roost Lounge at Disney's Port Orleans Riverside Resort - Here's a Disney hidden gem - Bob Jackson performs at Disney's Port Orleans Riverside Resort. His show features a great sing-a-longs, boogie-woogie piano, and even a little ragtime. The show is a lot of fun and the lucky ones who find Bob often make it a tradition to go back again, every time they visit Walt Disney World Resort. He's one real person and his schedule does vary so you'll want to plan ahead! He performs most Wednesday - Saturday evenings, from 8:30PM to Midnight. Family friendly.
Tom Casey - Scat Cat Club at Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter Resort - Tom Casey performs several evenings a week and sings a variety of songs you'll recognize immediately. We love to get an order of beignets from the food court to enjoy while we listen.
Rix Lounge at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort - The Live DJ and dance floor at Rix Lounge at Coronado Springs is top secret Disney information. The bar has a sophisticated feel and there is a live DJ and dance floor most Thursdays - Saturday evenings from 9:00PM - 2:00PM though it does sometimes close for private events. This venue is age 21 & older after 8PM. Thursday & Friday nights are popular with locals. No cover charge unless there is a special event.
Trader Sam's Grog Grotto is a fun tropical tiki bar at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort that is full of memorabilia, live Hawaiian-style music and fun interactive elements. Hours: 4:00PM - Midnight - All ages are welcome until 8:00PM/ age 21 & older from 8:00PM to closing. Serves specialty cocktails, beer, wine, Sam's No-Booze Brews, and appetizers.
Don't Miss Out on Great Experiences at Disney World!
We want to help you have the most wonderful, most memorable Disney vacation possible. We know that giving you good, up-to-date information and a few simple tools will make a huge difference in your Disney vacation. Long lines become short lines and you will have great memories of shared experiences instead of missed opportunities. That's why we're called Build A Better Mouse Trip.
Here’s how we help you have a great vacation:
- Your travel agent – You have one agent from start-to-finish who knows your name and your priorities and who wants to do everything possible to help you have a wonderful experience.
- “Best Days” Itinerary – We’ll help you build an itinerary that includes your priorities for fireworks, parades, crowds and shows. Then we help with dining & Fastpass+ reservations.
- Saving Money – Of course we watch for discounts and promotion and automatically apply the best available offer to your reservation but we also help you avoid up-sells and options you won’t use.
- We Are Fee-Free - We book directly through Disney and we never charge a service fee so you never pay any extra to use our services. Book your trip through us and you can have all the benefits Disney offers PLUS all the services we offer.