Disney's Boardwalk Entertainment Area
Visitors to Walt Disney World resort often come and go without ever finding this special gem in the Epcot resort area. The Boardwalk is a quarter of a mile long promenade designed to look like a quaint Mid-Atlantic seaside village from the early 1900's - some say it evokes a Cape May, New Jersey feel while others say that there it reminds them of Coney Island; either way, it is simply charming.
Tip: If you have a Disney Resort Refillable Mug that is good for your current stay, you can use it at the refill station at the Bakery Fountain, even if you are not staying at the Boardwalk Inn and Villas.
Boardwalk Restaurants & Lounges:
- Belle Vue Lounge at Disney's Boardwalk Inn – cozy furniture and antique radios playing classic radio shows.
- Boardwalk Bakery
- Boardwalk Hot Dog Cart
- Boardwalk Joe's Marvelous Margaritas
- Boardwalk Pizza Window
- Big River Grille & Brewing Works – Pub/restaurant that even makes its own beers.
- ESPN Club – Sports bar/restaurant with over 100 televisions. American food.
- Funnel Cake Stand
- Flying Fish Café – Seafood restaurant with a classic rollercoaster theme. Vegetarian, game dishes, and great desserts also available.
- Jellyrolls – an uproarious dueling piano bar & sing-along. Opens at 7:00PM with non-stop live entertainment from 8:00PM to 2:00AM. Rowdy, waterfront atmosphere. $8 cover charge.
- Trattoria al Forno - Italian restaurant featuring fresh, handcrafted Mozzarella, house-made Cavatelli and Neapolitan-style Pizza baked in the restaurants own wood-burning oven. Open for breakfast & dinner.
- Atlantic Dance Hall – This spacious dance venue features DJ's playing your favorites from the 70's through today. 9:00PM – 2AM Tuesday through Saturday. Ages 21 and over.
- Street Performers – On Thursdays – Saturday evenings, you'll find street performers like balancing acts, a juggler, or street musicians that give the Boardwalk a fun, street festival feel; especially after dark with the lights are on.
- Caricature Artist
- Hair Wrappers
- Surrey Bike rental
- Midway-type Carnival games.
- Boat Rentals & Fishing Excursions available at the Marina
- Yard Arcade
- Free Boardwalk Ballyhoo Tour - A 45-minute tour that explores the Boardwalk Resort and shares the sources of inspiration for the creation of this charming resort. The tour is offered every Wednesday - Saturday mornings - check in at the Belle Vue Lounge at 8:45AM; tour departs promptly at 9:00AM.
- Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf - two mini-golf courses with a fun Fantasia theme. While not technically part of the Boardwalk Entertainment area, it is within walking distance. From the Boardwalk Resort: go between Atlantic Dance Hall and Jelly Rolls Piano Bar and take the bridge towards the Swan and Dolphin Resorts but continue on to the street. There will be tennis courts to your right and Fantasia Gardens will be to the left TIP: Fantasia Gardens has lower crowds during the day but gets busy in the evening.
- Disney's Character Carnival – Adult clothing and golf apparel and Disney Character merchandise
- Pin Station – Disney collectors' Olympic style pins
- Screen Door General – Disney items, sundries, and a limited selection of groceries.
- Thimbles & Threads – Disney character plush toys and clothing for women, children, and infants.
- Wyland Galleries: Showcasing works by Wyland and other artists, mostly marine life themed.
Check out our Disney's Boardwalk Inn resort presentation for more info about staying at the Boardwalk.
Getting to the Boardwalk:
- Exit Epcot through the International Gateway (World Showcase). There are signs for this easy ½ mile walk.
- There is a 1 mile path from the Disney's Hollywood Studios parking lot to the Boardwalk.
- You can also take Disney transportation to the closest theme park, water park, or Downtown Disney and catch a bus to the Boardwalk Inn and Villas.
- Friendship Boat Transportation is available from Disney's Hollywood Studios and Epcot. Boats are also available from the Swan, Dolphin, and the Yacht Club Hotel and Beach Club Hotel.
- Those traveling by car on Disney property should follow the Epcot Resorts/ Disney's Hollywood Studios area signs. Those coming from outside Walt Disney World Resort should take I-4 to Exit 64-B and follow the Epcot Resorts signs.
These are not at Disney's Boardwalk Resort but are in the nearby Epcot Resort area:
- Beaches & Cream – Fun little 1950's Soda Shop inspired restaurant
- Cape May Café - characters at breakfast & seafood at dinner
- Captain's Grille – serves breakfast, lunch & dinner
- Crew's Cup Lounge – serves breakfast, lunch & dinner
- Yachtsman Steakhouse
Dolphin Resort - (not Disney-owned)
- Shula's Steak House
- The Fountain Sweet Treats
- Todd English's Bluezoo
Swan Resort - (not Disney-owned)
- Garden Grove Cafe
- Il Mulino New York Trattoria
- Java Bar
- Kimonos Sushi Bar
Let Us Help You Make Magical Memories at Disney World
Our Disney-focused travel agents can help with every detail of your Disney vacation - from resort and dining reservations to FASTPASS+ selections to theme park touring plans that keep you ahead of the crowds and out of the long lines. We can even tell you where to find your favorite characters. The best part is that all this expert help doesn't cost anything extra.