Disney Princesses Outside the Disney Theme Parks
There are some Disney Princess experiences at Disney World that aren't in the theme parks - some have a cost associated with them while others are completely free.
Disney Princess Experiences Outside the Parks
- The World of Disney Store at Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney) has a charming Princess Room (free) with There are princess banners and some really neat sculptures up near the ceiling that include The Little Mermaid and Jasmine. Depending on crowd levels, the Cast Members here sometimes lead kids in simple but fun activities. You can easily create your own a scavenger hunt and see how many Disney Princess decorations you can find there - there are a lot!
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique salon (cost involved) does Princess Makeovers in their new Disney Springs location near Once Upon a Toy.
- Disney Springs - Lego Store: There is a really neat Snow White and Seven Dwarfs sculpture made of Lego blocks outside the Lego Store in Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney).
- Disney Springs - Candy Cauldron Store: The Candy Cauldron Store in Disney Springs features the old hag from Snow White with the apple on the sign. This shop is neat because there are windows where you can watch them making candied apples and other sweet treats.
- The Princess and the Frog is set in and around New Orleans so fans of this movie might want to stay at Disney's Port Orleans Riverside Resort or Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter Resort. These Disney World moderate resorts have a New Orleans and Louisiana theme. Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter Resort carries a New Orleans French Quarter theme with sculptures of Dixie-land band alligators; the Mardi Gras themed food court sells beignets, though I'm not sure if they're the "man-catching beignets" Carlotta wanted Tiana to make for the ball. Disney's Port Orleans Riverside Resort takes its look from New Orleans' Garden District and the rural areas outside the city and it even has special Princess themed rooms.
- Disney's Art of Animation Resort has a whole Little Mermaid Section with giant character icons. The rooms here have 2 double beds and can accommodate 4 guests, plus one baby in crib. The food court in this resort has an area with Little Mermaid decorations and that ladies' restroom in the lobby has bright pink tiles with a large picture of the Little Mermaid on the wall. This is a "value-plus" resort and staying here may cost less than you think it will. Even if you aren't staying here, you're welcome to visit the resort, dine in the food court and take photos of the Little Mermaid themed sculptures.
- Disney Princess Movies at the Disney World Resort Hotels' nightly Movies Under the Stars (Free Activity). Weather permitting, each of the Disney World hotels shows a Disney movie outdoors in the evening. The schedule varies but Princess movies are regularly included in the line-up. If you're not staying at a Disney World resort, the movie at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground may be the easiest option but we've watched the movies at various resorts. The Movies Under the Stars schedule is updated on the first day of every month and is posted here.
- Electric Water Pageant (Floating Parade) - Magic Kingdom Resort Area: The Electrical Water Pageant is a floating parade that debuted on October 26, 1971 and has been a special addition to Disney World vacations ever since. It can be seen nightly in resort areas of the Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake. It doesn't feature any Disney princesses but it does include King Triton and some music from The Little Mermaid. (Free Activity)
- Want to know about more free activities and souvenirs available at Disney World? You'll receive a list of 45 great Disney Freebies when you subscribe to our free Disney-focused newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time and we will never share or sell your contact information with anyone.
Dine with a Disney Princess Outside the Theme Parks
- Disney's Grand Floridian Resort - Cinderella's Happily Ever After Dinner at 1900 Park Fare (Dinner Only): This is a fun character dinner that only requires one table-service credit for those on a Disney World Dining Plan. Cinderella, Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine, Drizella, and Anastasia (stepmother and stepsisters) go from table-to-table meeting guests, posing for photos, and signing autographs. This character meal is very popular so advance reservations are strongly recommended. While you're at the Grand Floridian, see if you can find Cinderella and Prince Charming in the inlaid marble floor in the lobby.
- Disney's Grand Floridian Resort - My Disney Girl's Perfectly Princess Tea Party at the Garden View Tea Room. This is a charming but very expensive experience for children. It includes singing, dining, storytelling, a little princess parade, and the opportunity to meet Aurora (Sleeping Beauty). Little girls receive a My Disney Girl doll dressed in an Aurora costume, a princess tiara and bracelet, a fresh rose, princess scrapbook set and a "Best Friend" certificate as keepsakes. Little boys receive a princely crown, plush Disney bear and a "Best Friend" certificate. Most little girls will come dressed like a princess for this experience. Prices start at $250 for one child accompanied by one adult; $165 per additional child, and $85 per additional adult. Advance reservations required - currently offered at 10:30AM on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
Do you need a Fairy Godmother to help you plan your Disney Vacation?
We want to help you have the most wonderful, most memorable Disney vacation possible. We know that giving you good, up-to-date information and a few simple tools will make a huge difference in your Disney vacation. Long lines become short lines and you will have great memories of shared experiences instead of missed opportunities. That's why we're called Build A Better Mouse Trip.
Here’s how we help you have a great vacation:
- Your travel agent – You have one agent from start-to-finish who knows your name and your priorities and who wants to do everything possible to help you have a wonderful experience.
- “Best Days” Itinerary – We’ll help you build an itinerary that includes your priorities for fireworks, parades, crowds and shows. Then we help with dining & Fastpass+ reservations.
- Saving Money – Of course we watch for discounts and promotion and automatically apply the best available offer to your reservation but we also help you avoid up-sells and options you won’t use.
- We Are Fee-Free - We book directly through Disney and we never charge a service fee so you never pay any extra to use our services when you book your trip through us. You can have all the benefits Disney offers PLUS all the services we offer. You can also purchase planning services through us if you've booked on your own or through another travel agency.