Disney World has introduced new packaging for MagicBands that is fully recyclable and is printed on recycled paper. The Walt Disney Travel Company also includes gift luggage tags that come in the sleeve on the left side of the box; the straps for the luggage tags are in the gray MagicBand holder. The new packaging includes printed information for sizing, wearing, and using MagicBands.
MagicBands are included as part of Walt Disney World Resort room only reservations and vacation packages and are mailed to guests from the United States. Guests from other countries and guests who book less than a month prior to arrival will receive their MagicBands when they check in at their Disney resort. You will need to set up a MyDisneyExperience.com to link your resort reservation and tickets (if purchased separately) to your MagicBands.
MagicBands contain a RFID chip that can be used:
- To check in to your resort
- To check in to Disney's Magical Express upon arrival. Paper vouchers are still used on departure day.
- To unlock yourhotel room
- To enter the theme parks, if admission tickets have been linked to your account.
- To access your resort feature pool & laundry areas
- To use Disney Dining Plan credits, if you have purchased a Disney Dining Plan.
- To charge purchases to your room, if linked to a credit card and a 4-digit PIN has been set up.
Guests not staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel can purchase MagicBands at Disney World or prior to their trip through the Disney Store.
MagicBands can be reused on future trips and have a life expectancy of about two years before the enclosed battery dies.
Don't Miss Out on Great Experiences at Disney World!
We want to help you have the most wonderful, most memorable Disney vacation possible. We know that giving you good, up-to-date information and a few simple tools will make a huge difference in your Disney vacation. Long lines become short lines and you will have great memories of shared experiences instead of missed opportunities. That's why we're called Build A Better Mouse Trip.
Here’s how we help you have a great vacation:
- Your travel agent – You have one agent from start-to-finish who knows your name and your priorities and who wants to do everything possible to help you have a wonderful experience.
- “Best Days” Itinerary – We’ll help you build an itinerary that includes your priorities for fireworks, parades, crowds and shows. Then we help with dining & Fastpass+ reservations.
- Saving Money – Of course we watch for discounts and promotion and automatically apply the best available offer to your reservation but we also help you avoid up-sells and options you won’t use.
- We Are Fee-Free - We book directly through Disney and we never charge a service fee so you never pay any extra to use our services when you book your trip through us. You can have all the benefits Disney offers PLUS all the services we offer. You can also purchase planning services through us if you've booked on your own or through another travel agency.