We recently got a question about rooms at the Disney World hotels for six people and there are several options:
The least expensive option is two standard rooms at any Disney World value resort. You would have a total of 4 double beds and 2 bathrooms. You can also get connecting rooms at several of the Disney World moderate or deluxe resorts but some of the other options we've listed below may be cheaper. In the case of a family with 2 adults and 4 children age 17 or under, you can get guaranteed connecting rooms with an interior door between them. A party with three or more adults can request connecting rooms but they won't be guaranteed connecting rooms though it is worth noting that Disney does have a fair number of connecting rooms and will try to accommodate the request when possible. If you only need three beds, it may be possible to get a room with a king bed that connects two a room with two double beds at the value resorts or two queen-size beds at the moderate and deluxe resorts.
The Family Suites at Disney’s All-Star Music (ASMu) or Disney’s Art of Animation (AoA) can accommodate six. Disney's All-Star Music Resort is generally less expensive than Disney's Art of Animation resort and has 1 queen bed, 1 double sleeper sofa and 2 twin sized pull-outs, along with a kitchenette and 2 full bathrooms. Disney's Art of Animation costs a bit more but is newer and has 1 queen bed, one double sleeper sofa, and 1 murphey-type table bed, as well as a kitchenette and 2 full bathroom.
The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Campground sleep six. They have a bedroom with a queen bed and a twin size bunk bed, there is also a murphy bed in the living area. This option only have 1 bathroom but it does have a full kitchen. People either love or hate the cabins – I love them! The challenge with the campground is that it is so large and there is an internal bus system so you have to catch a bus that takes you to either the boat to Magic Kingdom or the buses to the other parks, adding additional transportation time.
The two- and three-bedroom villas at the Deluxe resorts are very nice, have full bathrooms, full kitchens, free laundry, in a wonderful resort setting with lots of great amenities. The exact bed configuration may vary by unit size and resort. Keep in mind that 3-bedroom units are excluded from almost every Disney sales promotion and some of the other villas are also often excluded from discounts.
Some of the Disney World deluxe resorts have a limited number of specialty rooms or suites that can accommodate six adults (+ one baby in a crib) but these can be very expensive and have very limited availability. Suites and deluxe rooms are also often excluded from discounts and promotions.
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge has a couple of 1-bedroom suites that can sleep up to six (6) adults.
- Disney's Beach Club Resort does has some 2-bedroom suites - Club Level that can accommodate up to seven guests.
- Disney's Boardwalk Resort has Club level - Deluxe rooms that can accommodate up to six adults.
- Disney's Contemporary Resort has a 1-bedroom suite (Club Level) that can sleep up to six (6) adults, a Garden Wing Hospitality suite that can sleep up to seven (7) adults, and a 2 bedroom suite that can sleep up to eight (8) adults,
- Disney's Grand Floridian Resort has a 1-bedroom suite that can sleep up to six (6) adults and a 2 bedroom suite that can sleep up to eight (8) adults,
- Disney's Wilderness Lodge has Club level - Deluxe rooms that can accommodate up to six adults.
Don't Miss Out on Great Experiences at Disney World!
We want to help you have the most wonderful, most memorable Disney vacation possible. We know that giving you good, up-to-date information and a few simple tools will make a huge difference in your Disney vacation. Long lines become short lines and you will have great memories of shared experiences instead of missed opportunities. That's why we're called Build A Better Mouse Trip.
Here’s how we help you have a great vacation:
- Your travel agent – You have one agent from start-to-finish who knows your name and your priorities and who wants to do everything possible to help you have a wonderful experience.
- “Best Days” Itinerary – We’ll help you build an itinerary that includes your priorities for fireworks, parades, crowds and shows. Then we help with dining & Fastpass+ reservations.
- Saving Money – Of course we watch for discounts and promotion and automatically apply the best available offer to your reservation but we also help you avoid up-sells and options you won’t use.
- We Are Fee-Free - We book directly through Disney and we never charge a service fee so you never pay any extra to use our services when you book your trip through us. You can have all the benefits Disney offers PLUS all the services we offer. You can also purchase planning services through us if you've booked on your own or through another travel agency.