Information for Pregnant Women Visiting Disney World
Wondering if you will be able to enjoy any rides at Disney World while pregnant? Here's some great news...expectant mothers can expect to have a lot of fun on a Disney vacation. You'll have to skip the roller coasters and thrill rides but Walt Disney's original vision for his theme parks were for a place where families experienced things together so there are lots and lots of great attractions that you will be able to enjoy. Rides all have signs posted near the entrance warning of any exclusions or limitations for physical considerations; these attractions will have a red triangle next to them on the Disney theme park map. The park maps are your friend for another reason --that's the fastest way to find the location of the nearest restroom.
Important! The tips below should apply most healthy pregnancies but you should consult with your doctor about specific cautions relating to visiting the Disney theme parks during your pregnancy. Heat, humidity and exertion may affect you differently during pregnancy so make sure you pay attention to swelling, fatigue, dizziness or any unusual symptoms. Each of the Disney theme parks has a First Aid Center - do not hesitate to stop by if you start to feel any unusual symptoms.
Standing in long lines is never fun but can be downright miserable during pregnancy. We provide excellent theme park touring plans to everyone who books their Disney vacation through us. Click here for more information about free touring plans.
According to the Disney website: "Walt Disney World Resort offers many shows and attractions that expectant mothers may not be able to experience. Be sure to consult the signage posted at each attraction—which includes height requirements, health and safety advisories, and accessibility guidelines. For information on attractions, entertainment and more that expectant mothers can enjoy at Walt Disney World Resort, please call (407) 939-5277."
What can a pregnant woman do at Disney World?
Magic Kingdom Rides & Attractions Suitable During Pregnancy:
- Walt Disney World Railroad
- Swiss Family Tree House
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- Enchanted Tiki room
- Jungle Cruise
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Tom Sawyers Island
- Country Bear Jamboree
- Hall of Presidents
- Liberty Square Riverboat
- Haunted Mansion
- It’s a small world
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Mickey’s Philharmagic 3D Movie
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Astro Orbiter
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
- Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
- Shows & Live entertainment
Disney Advises Against Riding These Magic Kingdom Attractions During Pregnancy:
- Splash mountain
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Space Mountain
- The Barnstormer
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Tomorrowland Speedway
Epcot Rides & Attractions Suitable During Pregnancy:
- Spaceship Earth
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
- Turtle Talk with Crush
- Living with the Land
- Journey into Imagination with Figment
- Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival (film with seats)
- Advanced Training Lab area of Mission Space
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros
- Frozen Ever After
- Phineas & Ferb: Agent P's World Showcase Adventure
- Reflections of China (Circle-Vision movie - standing)
- The American Adventure
- Impressions de France (Movie with seats)
- O Canada! (Circle-Vision movie - standing)
- World Showcase galleries and exhibits
- IllumiNations Fireworks
- Epcot has some great live entertainment in the World Showcase including the Jewelled Dragon Acrobats (China pavilion) and Serveur Amusant (balancing act / France pavilion). See the Epcot Times Guide for show times during your visit.
Disney Advises Against Riding These Epcot Attractions During Pregnancy:
- Test Track
- Mission Space (Experience the Training Lab while the family rides)
Disney's Hollywood Studios Rides & Attractions Suitable During Pregnancy:
- Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage
- Toy Story Midway Mania
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
- Disney Jr. Live on Stage
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
- Muppet Vision 3D
- Walt Disney Presents - Gallery Exhibit
Disney Advises Against Riding These Disney Hollywood Studios Attractions During Pregnancy:
- Tower of Terror
- Rock 'n Roller Coaster
- Star Tours
Disney's Animal Kingdom Rides & Attractions Suitable During Pregnancy:
- Animal viewing trails
- Festival of the Lion King
- UP! A Great Bird Adventure (show)
- Finding Nemo the Musical
- It’s Tough to be a Bug 3D
- Na'vi River Journey in Pandora - World of Avatar
- Kilimanjaro Safari
- Live entertainment
- Rivers of Light Nighttime show
- Train ride to the Conservation Station
- Triceratop Spin
Disney Advises Against Riding These Animal Kingdom Attractions During Pregnancy:
- Avatar Flight of Passage
- Expedition Everest
- Kali River Rapids
- Kilimanjaro Safari
- Primeval Whirl
A Few More Tips:
- Wear comfortable shoes. If you're having any trouble with your feet and ankles swelling, be sure to wear socks that will not bind.
- Snacks - You will be allowed to bring snack items into the parks but be aware that Disney does not allow glass containers or hard-sided coolers. Save time and money by having snacks, bottled water and other food items delivered directly to your resort by Garden Grocer - Click HERE for more information.
- Disney Dining Plan - Are you having a lot of nausea? The dining plan might not make sense if you're not eating much. Do certain types of food seem to affect you badly during pregnancy? Your travel agent can recommend restaurants to try and ones to avoid based on your dietary needs.
- Get Some Photos - This is a special time and your baby's first trip to Disney World so you should be sure to have some photos of you at Disney World.
Let Our Travel Agents Deliver A Bundle of Theme Park Fun for You and Your Family
Hey, little mama, you're going to be riding rides for two - helping you plan this trip is the least we can do! All of our travel agents have children of their own and can help you plan a fantastic trip to the Disney theme parks. We can book a relaxing resort close enough to the parks to allow for easy breaks, book your dining reservations, and provide touring plans that greatly reduces the time you'll stand in line. We are happy to answer any questions you have about the resorts, restaurants, and attractions so that you will know what to expect when you're expecting at Disney World. Your baby's father won't be able to go through labor for you (stupid boys!) but we will be able to minimize the labor involved in delivering a great Disney vacation.....no drugs or special breathing required!
We're here to help so contact us today.