Disneyland Ride Closures and Refurbishments
Disneyland Park Ride closures:
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad closed July 16 - 26, 2018.
- Matterhorn Bobsleds closed July 20 - TBA.
- Pinocchio's Daring Journey closed July 20 to Aug. 3, 2018.
- Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room closed Aug. 6 - TBA
- Haunted Mansion closed Aug. 20 - TBA
- Mickey's House and Meet Mickey closed Aug. 27 - TBA.
Disney California Adventure Park Ride Closures:
- A bug's land (all rides & attractions) will close permanently at the end of the day on September 4, 2018 to make room for a new Marvel Superhero area. Flik's Flyers will be moved to Pixar Pier where it will get a new theme and be renamed Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind.
- Animation Academy - closed from Aug. 27 - TBA
- Flo's V8 Cafe closed August 13 - 16, 2018
- Sorcerer's Workshop closed from Aug. 27 - TBA
- Turtle Talk with Crush closed from Aug. 27 - TBA
- World of Color closed now through Late 2018.
Disney's California Adventure Ride Closures, continued:
- It's Tough to Be A Bug 3-D movie closed permanently on March 19, 2018
- Mickey's Fun Wheel - Closed from January 8 - June 22, 2018
- World of Color - Closed from April 13 to June 21, 2018
- No refurbishments at this time.
Disneyland Special Events:
- Disneyland Pixar Fest - April 13 to Labor Day Weekend 2018
- Disney California Adventure - Paint the Night parade starting April 13, 2018
- Disney's California Adventure - Pixar Shorts will offer rotating favorites at the Sunset Showcase Theater in Hollywood Land beginning April 13, 2018
- Disney's California Adventure - Paradise Gardens is hope to a new Pixar-themed musical troupe, Character Meet-and-Greets, and Crafts for little kids beginning April 13, 2018.
- Disney California Adventure - Pixar Pier opens on June 23, 2018 with four neighborhoods that celebrate beloved Pixar favorites with fun, reimagined rides, and food!
- Disneyland - Together Forever - A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular (fireworks) debuts on April 13, 2018
- Disneyland - Pixar Play Parade debuts in Disneyland on April 13, 2018. New editions: The legendary hopping Pixar Lamp and ball, Joy Sadness and Bing Bong from Inside Out, and Carl, Russell, Dug, and Kevin from UP!
- Halloween at Disneyland - September 7 - October 21. Halloween decorations and special attraction overlays make this a really fun time to visit the parks. At Disney California Adventure, Cars Land gets into the spirit as the town temporarily changes its name to "Radiator Screams"; Mater's Jackyard Jamboree becomes Mater's Junkyard JamBOOree and Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters becomes Luigi's Honkin' Haul-O-Ween. You'll also want to experience Guardians of the Galaxy - Monsters after Dark! Disneyland guests will find fun jack-o-lanterns along Main Street USA and enjoy the special ride overlays at Haunted Mansion Holiday, inspired by Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas, and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy. Click here for more information.
- Mickey's Halloween Party is a fun, separately-ticketed event that takes place on 15 nights this year - 2018 Party Dates: September 19, 21, 26, 28, October 2, 5, 9, 19, 23, 26, 29, and 31. Tickets go on sale on June 5th for Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders, Disney Rewards Visa card holders and Disney Vacation Club (DVC) members. Tickets go on sale to the general public on June 12, 2018.
- Holidays at the Disneyland Resort - November 9, 2018 - January 6, 2019. Enjoy festive Christmas decorations, food, music and special events. Disney California Adventure, Cars Land is full of holiday spirit as Mater's Jackyard Jamboree temporarily becomes Mater's Jingle Jamboree and Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters becomes Luigi's Joy to the Whirl. Experience the Disney ¡Viva Navidad! Street Party where the Three Caballeros are joined by musicians, dancers and giant mojiganga puppets. Celebrate Three Kings Day and experience diverse cultural festivities through the Festive Foods Marketplace, music and more. Disneyland park is also decked out for the holidays including the Haunted Mansion Holiday which gets a magical makeover inspired by Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas. Enjoy the merry makeover of "it's a small world" where thousands of shimmering lights decorate the facade and the ride itself is filled with festive touches and holiday cheer. You'll want to see the Christmas Fantasy Parade and Believe...In Holiday Magic Fireworks. If you still want more, there is the Holiday Time at Disneyland 2.5 hour Tour ($85 per person, advance reservations required) and holiday touches throughout Downtown Disney.
Don't Miss Out On Great Experiences At Disneyland!
You can probably see how helpful and valuable it would be to have someone who really knows and loves Disneyland help with your trip. Did you know that our travel agents that specialize in Disneyland add a lot of value to your experience without costing you any extra? When you book through us, you receive advice and information to help make your trip a wonderful and memorable time as well as a handy guidebook or online subscription (your choice) at no cost to you that will help you stay ahead of crowds and out of long lines. We book both Disney and non-Disney hotels and we love helping our clients have a great trip. Contact us today with your questions or to get a free, no-obligation quote.