Disney World Holiday Events 2016
It's the hap-happiest season of all at Disney World so we've put together this list of all that the Walt Disney World Resort has to offer this Christmas.
- Magic Kingdom - "A Frozen Holiday Wish" - Begins November 7 - A show featuring Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf on the Castle Forecourt Stage in the Magic Kingdom. Check the Magic Kingdom Times Guide for exact time during your visit. Click here for a list of places you can see Anna and Elsa at Disney World.
- Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire with Holiday Finale (Castle Forecourt Stage Show) - Offered multiple times daily - check your Magic Kingdom Times Guide for exact times during your visit.
- Jingle Cruise - Holiday lights, puns and jokes guaranteed to make you groan as the Jungle Book ride get into the holiday spirit.
- Holiday versions of the Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It Street Party, the Dapper Dans, and the Main Street Trolley show. Check your Magic Kingdom Times Guide for exact times during your visit.
- Meet Santa Claus near the Tour Guide Gardens by City Hall on Main Street USA through December 24, 2016.
- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party- Select nights at Magic Kingdom / 7PM - Midnight. 2016 Party dates: November 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 15, 18, 27, & 20, 2016; December 1, ,2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18 & 22, 2016 These specially ticketed events - you cannot use your Magic Your Way or Park Hopper Ticket - are a lot of fun for families. Ticket prices vary from $81 - $99, depending on the date and age of participant. These parties include special activities, shows, a parade, and special event fireworks. Warning: The Magic Kingdom will close to the public at 7pm on party nights and won't have a Main Street Electrical Parade or Wishes fireworks on these nights. Restaurant reservations in the resorts closest to the Magic Kingdom fill early on these nights. Guests of the party can also enjoy the Wishes Fireworks Holiday Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace on November 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 15, 18, 27, 29, December 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18, and 22, 2016. Reservations required; cost: $79 per adult, $47 per child age 3 - 9.
- Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks will be presented at 11:48PM on December 30 & 31, 2016. The Holiday Wishes: Celebrate the Spirit of the Season fireworks display will also be presented at 7:30PM on these nights.
- Holiday Characters at Disney World - Disney Characters in holiday costumes and special characters only available during the holidays.
- Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe in Liberty Square features Disney ornaments, Christmas stockings and holiday items.
- Disney's Yuletide Fantasy Tour ($99 per adult) - Backstage 3-hour tour that let's you get a glimpse of the team and the details that go into making the Disney World parks and resorts so beautiful for Christmas. Call 407-WDW-TOUR for more information and to make a reservation.
- JOYFUL! A Gospel Celebration of the Season (music production) - Future World Fountain Stage, November 25 - 30, 2016 at 1:25, 2:25, 3:25, & 4:25PM daily.
- American Music Machine (15-minute show)- Future World Fountain Stage - A five person a cappela group performs beloved holiday songs daily at 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, 4:00 & 5:00pm
- Holidays Around The World - An International Yuletide Extravaganza - November 25 - December 30, 2016. Experience live musical productions, learn about international holiday traditions in the World Showcase Pavilions, and enjoy the delicious offerings (extra cost) at the Holiday Foods and Beverages Marketplaces.
- Holidays Around the World Storytellers - Ends December 30 - World Showcase Pavilions . Each performance is approximately 15 minutes long; check your Epcot Times Guide for exact times during your visit. Canada Pavilion - Canadian Holiday Voyageurs: A musical tour of the Great White North that explores holiday customs from various regions of Canada / United Kingdom Pavilion -Father Christmas tells tales of Christmas past. / France Pavilion - Père Noël tells the story of little Babette and her wishes at Christmastime. / Morocco Pavilion - A Moroccan storyteller shares the gaiety of festivals, holiday traditions and celebrations that are like the "spice of life" across Morocco. / Japan Pavilion - The Daruma Vendor tells the story of the Daruma doll. / American Adventure Pavilion - Santa & Mrs Claus appear daily, a Hanukkah storyteller tells tells the story of the rich Jewish traditions of Hanukkah, and a Kwanzaa storyteller shares the seven principles of Kwanzaa. / Italy Pavilion - La Befana tells the sweet story of how the Epiphany is celebrated in Italy. / Germany Pavilion - Helga tells about the first Christmas tree, the first Nutcracker and the Christmas pickle. A German band will play some of your favorite Christmas carols. / China Pavilion - a vibrant Chinese Lion Dance in honor of major Chinese holidays like the Lunar New Year and Lantern festival. / Norway Pavilion - Sigrid & Julenissen (Christmas gnome) tells you all about Norwegian Christmas celebrations. / Mexico Pavilion - Holiday Mariachis & Dancers present the songs and traditions of "Fiesta de Navidad".
- Epcot: Voices of Liberty Christmas Carols - American Adventure Pavilion. Check your Epcot Times Guide for exact times during your visit.
- Candlelight Processional (Epcot) - November 27 - December 30, 2016. Performances at 5:00. 6:45 and 8:00PM (No 5PM show on December 6th). This is one of Disney World's most beautiful holiday traditions where you'll experience a wonderful retelling of the Christmas story by a celebrity narrator accompanied by a mass choir and full orchestra. There is no extra charge - this event is included in your Epcot theme park admission but the performances do fill early. . Contact us for more information. This year's celebrity narrators: Nov. 25 - 27 Steven Curtis Chapman / Nov. 28 - Dec. 1 Neil Patrick Harris / Dec. 2 - 3 Whoopi Goldberg / Dec. 4 - 6 Edward James Olmos / Dec. 7 - 9 To Be Announced / Dec. 10 - 12 Robby Benson / Dec. 13 - 15 Meredith Vierira / Dec. 16 - 18 Jim Caviezel / Dec. 19 - 21 Joe Morton / Dec. 22- 24 Ming-Na Wen / Dec. 25 - 27 Jodi Benson / Dec. 28 - 30 Cal Ripken, Jr.
- Candlelight Processional Dining packages (extra cost) are available that provides a special voucher that guarantees a spot at one of the same-day performances
- Meet Santa & Mrs. Claus at 9:30PM in the American Adventure Pavilion at Epcot.
- Illuminations: Reflections of Earth with special Holiday Finale - November 25 - December 30, 2016
- Disney's Holiday D-Lights Tour ($259 per adult) - Experience the Candlelight Processional (Epcot), Jingle Cruise (Magic Kingdom), enjoy a family-style holiday dinner, and meet members of the Event & Decorating Support team who create all this holiday magic. Call 407-WDW-TOUR for more information and to make a reservation.
Disney's Hollywood Studios
- "Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!", a new Holiday Nighttime Spectacular will debut at Disney's Hollywood Studios on November 14, 2016 and will run through December 31st. Head to the front of the Great Movie Ride to see this show come to life on, above and all around the Chinese Theater with music, special effects, projections, and fireworks.
- Minnie's Holiday Dine at Hollywood & Vine - Nov. 7, 2016 - Jan. 6, 2017. Character dinner - cost: $46.99 per adult / $27.99 per child age 3 - 0; advance reservations strongly recommended.
- Meet Santa Clause in the One Upon A Time shop on Sunset Blvd from Nov. 14 - Dec. 24, 2016. Meet Santa Goofy from Dec. 25 - 31, 2016.
Disney's Animal Kingdom
- Special animal themed Christmas tree near the park entrance.
- Mickey & Minnie holiday photo opportunity near the Adventurer's Outpost.
- Festive live entertainment.
- Meet Santa at Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney) - November 13 - December 23, 2016 from noon to 10PM. Meet Santa Goofy from December 24 - 30, 2016. (Free) Photos included in the Memory Maker package.
- Nightly Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony at the Once Upon a Toy fountain play area. Nov. 11, 2016 - Jan. 8, 2017.
- Holiday-themed DJ dance party with games and activities at the Once Upon a Toy fountain play area. Nov. 11, 2016 - Jan. 8, 2017.
- Live Entertainment including toy soldier and snowflake stiltwalkers, carolers, acapella groups and more. Nov. 11, 2016 - Jan. 8, 2017 - 6:00PM - 10:00PM nightly.
- Kwanza performances on the Waterside stage in the Marketplace on December 26 & 27, 2016.
- Hanukkah Songs and Stories at Waterview Park in The Landing each evening from December 24, 2016 - January 1, 2017.
- Disney-themed Disney Springs Christmas Tree Trail near the Marketplace Bus Loop. Begin this delight for the eyes at the Once Upon a Toy fountain play area.
- T-Rex is offering a Breakfast buffet with Santa on December 17, 18, 22 & 23, 2016. This experience comes with early-bird shopping at The World of Disney Store. Click here for reservations & more information.
- New Starlight Holidays (drone show)in Disney Springs through January 8, 2017
- Disney's Days of Christmas store in the Marketplace - full of ornaments, stockings and Disney-themed holiday decor.
Disney World Resorts & More
- Christmas Church Services in the Fantasia Ballroom at Disney's Contemporary Resort on December 25, 2016. Catholic Mass at 8:00AM & 10:15AM / Protestant Service at 9:00AM. Parking is restricted at Disney's Contemporary Resort so please use Disney World transportation to get to the resort or go to the Magic Kingdom and follow the walking trail to the resort.
- Holiday Decorations and Displays in the Disney World hotel lobbies, especially the deluxe resorts. Disney's Grand Floridian has a 16-ft tall gingerbread house; Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge also gets a beautiful themed Christmas tree. Disney's Wilderness Lodge has a 60-ft. Christmas tree. Disney's Beach Club Resort has a large gingerbread carousel and Disney's Beach Club Resort has a holiday train display. Disney's Contemporary Resort has a gingerbread and chocolate holiday village near the monorail platform.
- Are you staying at an official Walt Disney World Resort hotel? If so, check the resort recreation guide you were given at check-in for special holiday events like Santa meet-and-greet sessions and cookie decorating during Christmas week.
- Holiday Sleigh Rides - Up to four (4) adults or two (2) adults and (3) three small children can enjoy a 25-minute ride through the woodlands surrounding Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground in carriage made to look like a one-horse open sleigh with festive holiday lights and garlands. Available through December 30, 2016. Cost: $79 - call (407) 939-7529 for reservations.
- Disney's Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Course - Two Santa-inspired 18-hole miniature golf courses located near Disney's Blizzard Beach water park. If using Disney transportation, check with a cast member about the best way to get here. You'll probably have to take transportation to Epcot and then catch the Coronado Springs/Blizzard Beach bus and ask the driver to drop you off at Winter Summerland. If you're at one of the other Disney theme parks, you may need to take a bus to Disney's Coronado Springs resort and transfer to another bus there.
- New Year's Eve Party: Countdown to Midnight at Disney's Contemporary Resort - $225 per guest.
- Dreaming of a Disney Holiday In-room Package includes decorations, gifts and treats package available for guests staying at one of the official Walt Disney World Resort hotels. Cost: $449.95/
Best Kept Secret for a Magical Disney World Vacation!
We want to help you have the most wonderful, most memorable Disney vacation possible. We know that giving you good, up-to-date information and a few simple tools will make a huge difference in your Disney vacation. Long lines become short lines and you will have great memories of shared experiences instead of missed opportunities. That's why we're called Build A Better Mouse Trip.
Here’s how we help you have a great vacation:
- Your travel agent – You have one agent from start-to-finish who knows your name and your priorities and who wants to do everything possible to help you have a wonderful experience.
- “Best Days” Itinerary – We’ll help you build an itinerary that includes your priorities for fireworks, parades, crowds and shows. Then we help with dining & Fastpass+ reservations.
- Saving Money – Of course we watch for discounts and promotion and automatically apply the best available offer to your reservation but we also help you avoid up-sells and options you won’t use.
- We Are Fee-Free - We book directly through Disney and we never charge a service fee so you never pay any extra to use our services when you book your trip through us. You can have all the benefits Disney offers PLUS all the services we offer. You can also purchase planning services through us if you've booked on your own or through another travel agency.