When you wish upon a star…you might dream of a fast car!
If the family mini-van is not satisfying your need for speed, the Richard Petty Driving Experience at the Walt Disney World Speedway might be just what you are looking for. How does a 600 hp 358-cubic-inch V-8 NASCAR Cup style Stock Car sound? Would you want to ride along as it speeds around the mile long, tri-oval track? What if they said you could drive? Oh yeah!
There are currently four racing programs you can add to your Disney World vacation:
- The Ride-Along Program - $99.00 + tax. you take the passenger seat as a professional instructor takes three laps around the track. Speeds up to 165 mph. Reservations are not required and you only need to be 16 years old to ride.
- Rookie Experience - $399.00 + tax. If you are at least 18 years old and have a valid driver's license, you can receive classroom and safety introduction and one 8-lap driving session. Classes daily at 8:00AM and 2PM. Reservations required.
- King Experience - $749 + tax. If the Rookie Experience isn't quite enough for you, the King Experience lets you take the car out twice – one 8-lap session and one 10-lap session. You'll reach speeds up to 130 mph, following your classroom and safety introduction and your in-car and on-track training. The Pit Road instructor will give you feedback between the driving sessions. When you are done, you will get graduation packet that includes a time sheet with a breakdown of each lap. Reservations and a valid drivers license are required. Must be 18 years or older. Offered daily at 11:00AM.
- Experience of a Lifetime - $1,249 + tax. This is the grand-daddy of racecar experiences: Three 10-lap sessions with an emphasis on improving your driving line and building speed. (Speed is good.) You will receive feedback from the Pit Road instructor between your three driving sessions and, afterwards, you will get graduation packet that includes a time sheet with a breakdown of each lap. Your half-day Experience of a Lifetime will begin at 11:00 AM, if you have a reservation, a valid drivers license and are at least 18 years old.
There is no additional charge for having Build A Better Mouse Trip book your Richard Petty Driving Experience. We can include this activity in your custom Itinerary.
- Hours: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Closed Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
- Private events or bad weather may also close the track.
- Advanced reservations required for the Rookie Experience, The King Experience, and the Experience of a Lifetime.
- No prior experience required.
- Gift certificates available for the special speed-demon in your life.
- You must wear socks, closed-toe shoes, and clothes (shorts permitted) that will be comfortable under the driver's suit.
- Driver's suits available up to size 3X.
- Participants must have the ability to climb through a 15” high by 30” window that sits 3 feet from the ground.
- Participants under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Free Service: Build A Better Mouse Trip will be happy to make your Richard Petty Driving Experience reservation.
Discounts: Annual Passholders receive a $20 discount on the regular price of the Ride-Along experience or $35 off any driving experience. AAA members may receive a 20% discount. American Express Membership rewards points can be used for the Richard Petty Driving Experience.
Family and friends are welcome to come watch from the special seating area – video recorders and cameras are permitted as well. Snacks are available for purchase at the merchandise trailer