Parasailing is a wonderful and unique vacation experience. The rider is harnessed into a parachute and is released from the back deck of a moving boat. This can be done “solo” or “tandem” (1 person or two people). You launch from and return to the boat deck, which allows you to stay dry and comfortable. The Walt Disney World resort offers parasailing seven days a week and, because it is Disney, you can be sure that the equipment and boat crew are of the highest quality.
Those who are including a trip to either the Atlantic or the Gulf coasts in their travel plans may want to try parasailing while at the beach. The cost of the experience can be a little lower and you will get to parasail in a coastal setting, rather than a lake setting. You may also have the option of reaching a greater height. The Disney parasailing excursions go to 450 feet or 600 feet for the premium rides; some of the Gulf coast companies offer 600 – 800 ft. rides. Either way, you are in for an exhilarating experience and some breathtaking views.
- Parasailing is offered daily but the hours can vary seasonally and are subject to the weather.
- Solo Fliers must weigh at least 115 pounds.
- Combined weight for tandem riders must not exceed 350 total pounds.
- Regular excursion: Your flight will last 8 – 10 minutes and you will go up about 450 feet.
- Solo flight - $95.
- Tandem (2 person) flight - $170
- Deluxe excursion: Your flight will last 10 – 12 minutes and you will go up about 600 feet.
- Solo flight - $130.00
- Tandem (2 person) flight - $195.00
- Call 407-939-0754 to make your reservation.
- See: www.sammyduvall.com